Holter Monitor Results: High 200 bpm Low 34 bpm

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,  I am a fit 24 year old male around 6'5 200 lbs.  I am curious about my holter monitor results.  My BPM high was 200 during a basketball game and low was 34 during deep sleep.  My resting beat is usually around 42-45 before bed.  The monitor was on for 24 hours and my average bpm was 78.  I often become dizzy while running heavy during sports, but running at any speed on a treadmill is fine for me.  My doctor is great and working with me to figure out the cause of my dizziness.  He has scheduled me a stress test in the cardiology department in March.  It seems odd that my heart rate can be so low resting, but extremely high during vigorous activity.  I also currently have anxiety issues that often cause panic attacks when I become dizzy.  If anyone can shed some light on my situation it would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

From what I've read most athletic peoples resting heart rate can be low. Like lance Armstrong's was in the 30s at resting. Why your heart would get up to 200 while playing basketball is high. Are they going to do an echo to make sure your heart is structured right and is functioning they way it should?

• Posted

Hello Samantha,

Thanks for your response.   I forgot to mention they did an echo and ekg.  Both came back with good heathy results.  I’m just going to take it easy until my next stress test, but that’s a couple of weeks.  This is definitely a bummer .  

• Posted

Hey Albert, Im 165lbs and 32 my discomforts in my chest went away when I cleaned my diet a bit, theirs some really great books that relates the foods we eat with our health, have you thought their might be some relation there?
    • Posted

Thanks for the response and advice Kobyn1111,  I actually eat fairly healthy.  I have fruit/veg smoothies daily and avoid all caffeine.  I am on a dairy free diet for the past month and a half.  I have been working out 3-6 days a week for the majority of the past 5 years.  Im just not sure whats wrong.  Even today running on the treadmill at a heavier rate got my heart beat past 180 with ease.  Its odd because im not panting for breath at all unless playing basketball

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.