home aspiration experience+what to do next

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys,

First of all, I am really happy that I've found this community, hope everybody is staying strong. I am a 23y/o and having a hydrocele for the last 2-3 years was a serious mental burden that made me almost depressed.

Since my hydrocele got quite large and I am not a fan of the operation, I tried aspirating the hydrocele at home. It worked without any complications and it was such a relief not carrying a large egg with me and be normal. But unfortunately the hydrocele almost got to the same size in just 2 weeks, so I aspirated it one more time.

In the long run I don't think that doing this every 2 weeks is a feasible thing. I was hoping to have it return in a few months or so and this also made me more desperate. The urologists I 've talked to don't about the sclerosing agents being discussed. Has anyone get their urologist research about these agents and make them apply the sclerosing agent to them?

My another worry is that after aspirating the hydrocele I realised that my testicle that had the hydrocele was just a little bit tender and felt like epididym was a little swollen. Do you think I also have epididymitis in my testicle. It's just a little bit more tender than the other one and I don't have any other symptoms. Or can my testicle be more tender because of the pressure from the hydrocele or whatever?

Hope everybody is doing well..

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I thought about self aspiration, mine was the size of a grapefruit. But, never did. This is just me talking but I can't imagine the frequency that you are aspirating being a healthy thing?

I made a long detailed write up of my Hydrocelectomy experiance a few posts down. I'm around 7 weeks post op. Everything is good. Still some hematoma left to dissolve but its much smaller. I don't think my right testicle will hang like it once did, but shouldn't be issue that I can see. There are some lumpy spots at the incision scar, I assume will go away with time. I only wished I had done this before it got so large. At times there is a bit of extra skin, like a fat guy that lost the weight but has the loose skin. Still hoping with time that improves. The wife is happy with the results.

I just got my bill for the surgery, my responsibility was $1.382 after insurance, and the original cost was $22k. A testament to Americas amazing medical system.

I asked my doctor about aspiration and sclerotherapy. He said he wasn't familiar with the procedure, but could see how it could work. His worry was scaring. Especially if it failed and more/other procedures needed done.

My opinion only, I nearly went to Dr. Levine in Chicago for aspiration and sclerotherapy. I cover this in my earlier post, but went with the surgery, and I'm happy with the results, only wish I did it sooner.

• Posted

My doctor did this on me at age 11 till he could find a doc to operate on my communicating hydrocele. They also added something to block the opening of the hole. But I never got it fixed the right way till recently it never bothered me now it has come back. I don't know if this could happen in you case but it is possible it might come back later in life if its not fixed the right way I guess you will have to see.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.