Home assesment

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All, 

?I am wondering if someone can help me. I have been off for two years and had 14 operations and waiting for another op. 

?I was paid ESA for 12 months and that stopped in dec 2017. They keep contacting me to attend a health assessment up in Cardiff which is over an hour away from me. I cant sit or stand i have to lay down i am constantly bedbound at the moment. ANYWAY... i have asked for a home assessment and they declined my gynaecologist wrote to them and stated i am bedbound and cannot attend th health assessment and would need one from home and they still wont give me a home visit i got y local MP involved and they are saying we will pay for a taxi up for her but what they don't understand i cannot sit on my backside or stand i can only lay down ? can anyone help

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

They can be very stubborn a lot of times with home assessments, even with a letter from a GP they can and will refuse. I have no idea what other options you can try other than what you've already done unfortunately. If you do refuse the assessment though your file will be returned to DWP with fail to attend and you'll be found fit for work.

Did you send in evidence to support your claim, if so how much did you send and what? Sending lots of evidence can often help with them agreeing to a home assessment, or even a paper based assessment but the latter is rare.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.