Home Assessment with Atos

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

I sent my pip 2 form back about a month ago, today I got an appointment for a home assessment I'm just a bit confused I read somewhere that if you want a home visit you have to get your doctor to send them a letter, I never got my doctor to write so I'm wondering whats happened. I've just been diagnosed with COPD which after a spiro test said my lungs were that of an 80 year old, could it be anything to do with that. Merry christmas to you al.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Janet, did you ask for a home assessment when you filled out the forms? It's ATOS that are difficult to get home assessments with. Capita are much easier. I'm guessing it's Capita doing yours? It really isn't anything to worry about it just means they've agreed to do the home assessment. Try to have someone with you if possible and read through the "how your disability affects you form" before they arrive (if you kept a copy) also have a read through all the PIP descriptors before hand to help you understand them more. Don't just answer questions with a yes or no. If you can't do something then tell them. Remember PIP is being able to do something reliabely, regularly, in a timely manner. If you have anymore questions then please just ask. Good luck and Merry Christmas to you too.

• Posted

Hi Denise,

thanks for your reply, no Atos are in my area and I never asked for a home assessment when i filled my forms in as i was told you have to get a letter from your doctor, could they have contacted him. so I'm not sure what happened, it will help as i can't walk very far, as for haveing someone with me is a bit awkward, I don't have any family and all my friends live too far away, I'll give my best shot anyway. Thanks

• Posted

Hi Janet I asked for a home assessment with Atos and they gave me one with any problems....good luck xx
  • Posted

Hi Janet

I never requested a home visit but I got one. Mine was with atos as well

Please make sure you have someone with you and as much information as possible.

Good luck x

• Posted

Hi Janet , ATOS recognises that you have a difficulty with going out. You said you didn't ask for home assessment. I suppose after reading your form and looking at your evidences ; they decided that you shouldn't travel to their centres.

This is a good thing .

Best of luck with your assessment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.