Home based work suggestions

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all, first post.

I've been diagnosed with COPD for the last 3 years. I've continued to work as a social worker however I am finding the commute of 40 miles each way every day wearing and I have a poor quality of life going to bed each night around 8pm. My job is reactive and there is little opportunity to work from home and my employers are being helpful. I'm 62 but really need to keep earning. I'd like to put in my notice and find something I could do from home with a reasonable return. Has anybody out there been in the same boat? If so are there any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you want to stay in that role why not put social worker, working from home, or senior social workers opportunities.

If you don't want to continue in that field, I guess then it up to you to decide 1st what area you want to work in or just check your local newspaper for vacancies and opportunities available.

Interested to know what you may find out.

I personally have not been able to work from the start of diagnosis.

• Posted

1st paragraph, end sentence with into google search engine.
    • Posted

Thanks for the replies. I've explored that possibility but it would have to be agency work which isn't always guaranteed and not totally home-based. I'll let you know if I have a brilliant business idea. Cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.