home from hysterectomy and BSO

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi. Just to let you know I'm back home from my op which I had last night. Can people let me know if sharp pains like stitch are usual. I've been given combined hrt tablets for 6 months because of endo and will then transfer onto estrogen only

More worried about taking tablets than recovering from op!

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes lots of pain I felt ok day of op it was the next day I felt it lots of swelling too. I'm 4 weeks post op today and still get sharp pinching pains it does get easier after 2 weeks get plenty of rest x
  • Posted

Froggy

Forgive me for not wishing you luck before hand.

Well done you . Home safe and well. Excellent news.

Can't advise on the HRT, no experience of.

OK pain is a pain,  no escape I am  afraid.

I can only describe as like a twisting which tends to be on left side then moves over to middle and then less so to the right. And back again.

ght. A bit like a wheel runs along a printer for a computer.

keep on top of your pain relief medication and your best friend will be the two hot water bottles you will send your OH to buy NOW!!!

be kind to yourself, be selfish, listen to what your body is telling you and sleep as much as you can.

Best Wishes

Debsx

• Posted

Welcome home. 

Yes sharp pains are normal. I still get them 6 weeks on

its your insides healing. 

Good luck with hrt. 

I use a gel so can't comment on your tablets

lee xx

• Posted

Hi Froggy

Welcome to the other side!  So glad you are home.  Isn't it lovely to get back to your own home and bed to relax.  

Sorry cannot help about the pain, I didn't get any, which I was quite amazed at.  Hope you don't have it for too long.  Get lots of rest and don't forget to drink plenty.

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Thanks all. I went in early as my letter said to only to be told to go home as I was last on list and to come back at 3 so didn't make way back to ward til about 930. Obs done hourly overnight because low blood pressure then removed catheter at 6am had a wee about 8 and was free to go apart from it then took 5 hrs to get hrt sent from hospital pharmacy! Shattered now tho and was starving as ended up 28 hrs without food. Think I may have eaten too quickly which hasn't helped! Off to sleep now! Xx
  • Posted

Hi

Thats very normal, you will have these and other different "sensations" for a few weeks. I had my op 5 weeks ago and still having stabby pains and some soreness.

I am on eostrogen only hrt called elleste solo 2mg and so far so good.

Hope you have a good  recovery.

Nikki xxxx

• Posted

Glad your op went well and that you didn't have to stay in too long.I haď sharp pains for about 10 days.It was like a pulling sensation.I know what you mean about the worry of the pills.I cam home having to take 16 a day.I had to keep a daily record of what to take when.Just remember to have the laxatives handy.

xxx

• Posted

Wow 16 and I'm stressing at 1. Mines called tibolone ( livial) I know they have to put side effects on leaflets but its scary. For anyone about to go thru op My v shaped pillow is a godsend as I sleep on my front and it kept me comfy on my back over night
    • Posted

Morning,

Sorry i misunderstood you about the tablets.I thought you were talking about all your tablets in general that they gave you at the hospital.Instead you meant your hrt one.I think the lack of hrt is affecting my brain.

• Posted

Hee hee. I am missing the morphine nowtho hubby said I was talking rubbish on all drugs Iwas on in there, well more than normal anyway! Hope yours gets sorted soon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.