Home Glucose Testing

Posted , 2 users are following.

In my last few cbc and regular blood tests it showed a slight elevation in the Glucose , at 108 and 109. Glycolilated Hemoglobin was 4.9 in my last test a month ago.

SOme days i take my glucose test at home, and the two days ago was 107, today was 117 taken at 8 30am , then took it again at 10 30am and was 94, is this drastic quick change normal? So the first was 9 hours after last meal and this last one 11 hours after last meal.

Any comments on this?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You sound fine, that's a great A1C.

Variation in BG is normal. Depends very much on what you had to eat, when you had it, any snacks in between, and your physical activity.

If your highest readings stay under 120 and you mostly see numbers under 100, you're terrific!

For more details, we need strict accounting for diet, but again, you sound fine.

It turns out even some "normal" people have excursions in their BG. Guess what, this is NEW SCIENCE! Nobody until now, with the continuous glucose meters, ever paid much attention to people with low A1C. Now they're finding there's more to look at!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.