Home remedies for tackling anxiety diet exercise food etc??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi folks this is my 3rd discussion on here sice I found this helpful site just wandering if a few of you's want to share your diets home remidies food etc thank help with anxiety? Thanks for your help in advance.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I've had anxiety for 5 years . I try to excerise at least an hour a day. I drink no caffeine no Sodas nothing , anything that gets my heart rate going I stay away from . Also I limit sugar from my diet. I try to stick with protein and veggies . I occasionally drink wine but even that makes me anxious. Thanks

• Posted

Thanks for your reply I go for a hour a walk a day and drink 2 smoothies a day full of fruit is there any herbal tea remidies you or anybody could recommend?
  • Posted

I have found juicing is wonderful. Its is natures way of replenshing the body with suppliments. Because it is in its natural form the body knows how to absorb and utilize it. Ginger is great is great for dizzy spells(one inch in a juicer) and a natural anti inflammatory. Celery juice is one of the best tonic for the nerves and the body. Green apples calm the body as well and provide pectin to lower bely issues. Mixing those three in a juice is extremly benifical to the body on a daily basis. There are tons of recipes on pinterest for ailments. A clean diet even the heart smart diets are good for a person with anxiety issues. All online to view. Keeping the body well hydrated is great for muscles and nerves to function properly. Yoga should be implemented for anyone with anxiety. It releases pent up energy and teaches excellent self calming tools and good breathing techniques. Qigong as well. Meditation, which takes time to really embrace is like a spa for the mind. A safe way to escape your intrusive thoughts and relax the body. Mindfullness excersies can be self taught off utube or an app and is fantastic.

tricks to calm once a panic attacks sets in. Body temperature changes trigger the body to react, its a machine. Very cold water face washes. Placing a cold rag or ice packs on your face and back of neck. Getting a fan and allowing it to blow on your face calms palps. Laying flat on your butt to the floor and raising your legs up on the wall with cold rags on face and the fan blowing in your face will calm your heart rate.  Sitting on a toilet seat, any seat and bearing down.lowers heart rate too, ghise are pala teicks. You can use ice chips under your tongue if unable to lay on the floor. In a car ice chios and make the car very cold. It works. The symptoms that run thru you are the effect if the adrenaline rush and it sends fear thru you, but it is a response of the body to the trigger of fight or flight so allow it to wash over you. No emotional attatchments at all. Do belly breathing whilst it is occurring allowing no thiught ps but calm and safe. Ten minute cycle and will stop UNLESS you allow intrusive thoughts and fear the fear sensatiin. Fear only reinforces the mal function of the fight or flight response as a valid reaction. Thats a bad bad idea because at that point you are programming your body how to react to the sensations rather then accepting it as a rush.

listen to your body. Better to hear it in yoga or mediation. It is trying to tell you something. Whether it is not to listen to every passing thought, to love yourself more, to leave the oast in the oast as you cant rewrite it anyway or just  change your thiught patterns..it is trying to tell you something. The body hates to reside in the high state of anxiety it is un natural and causes distress so immune system does get effected. Thats too is cause and effect. 

Feeding it properly and nutrient filled, keeping it hydrated and provoding some form of exercise is important so it can bounce back from the anxiety. Be open to change. 

Its honestly an awful disorder. No doubt on that. It seems random and intense at times. Realize in this mindset you are frazzled and hypersensitive. You just are so be compassionate to your self. 

I also use chopped holy basil be cause it lowers blood pressure. And i use magnessium flakes foot soaks. Calming to the whole body. Sleeping is great for the body to heal but it gets hard when the mind is very anxious. Im happy i get five hours sometimes. Naps are useful if possible.

That is  what i have learned. That my own experiences so i wrote them. They have helped me. I also have an emergency xanax here and there. 

• Posted

I have no clue why that went into moderation. Silly really. Hopefully it will come out and you can see it.
  • Posted

We eat a great deal of fruit and we also work in our garden.

We also are keen og geography and history, we are members of the National Trust, English Heritage and Historic Houses

We have a dog called Pax who loves the countryside and beach so we both take him for walks

Our diet is not that good I suppose we have food prepared at home that cnsists of oily fish, white fish and meats. Rice and boiled potatoes. etc

And you

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, Ever since my first panic attack my diet was really poor but ever sice I have been drinking 2 smoothies a day packed full of fruit I used to be really social but again ever since this first attack I had felt really faint dizzy and really panicky every time I go out the front door but I go for 2 one hour walks a day with my headphones in as a distraction as mad as this sounds any recommendations for tea or herbal remedies I could try?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.