Home visit

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, I was granted PIP last year lower rate daily living allowance and higher rates mobility, I had to attend an assessment which is fine.

Since last year things have changed, I now have a stair lift, wheelchair and am prescribed Morphine patches highest strength, my husband was retired but had a job and things got to the state where he was struggling badly and so was I, my depression worsened as has my Arthritis.

I received the exact same forms to complete as I did last year when I first applied, these have been completed and returned, I have had a reply from Capita today stating they are doing a home visit to me next week, curious to know if this is the case with anyone else and how to prepare myself.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The best thing  to prepare yourself is  to look at the descriptor points categories. 
  • Posted

Hi Eloise

Are you wondering why the assessment is at home and is this what is bothering you?

No need to worry this is perfectly normal. As Poll said read up on the discriptors  which can be easily found on the internet via google.

Be prepared with your daily routine (make a diary) highlighting any personal care you receive (meals, washing, dressing) and any medication you take.

• Posted

Yeah that's exactly what I wanted to know, feel a bit like it's an invasion of my privacy, but like my husband pointed out we have nothing to hide, thing is my confidence has been at zero what with the depression too, my memory is so very bad I just worry as I will have to have my notes otherwise I'll forget just don't want them thinking I'm hiding things as it's much more likely I'll forget things to be honest xx
    • Posted

Believe it or not they are trying to help you by coming to your home. A lot of claimants who suffer with mental health and/or mobility issues have problems getting to assessment centres.

Being consistant and linking your personal care to the discriptors is the best way to help yourself.

• Posted

Anthony thank you so much, I'm 62 years old, in constant pain, feel drowsy all day although the Morphine takes the edge off m pain but it's almost made me feel like a naughty schoolgirl, that's not normal is it xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.