Home visit for PIP Review

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am currently immobile due to tkr which went wrong, I am due a review on my pip, first interview was 2 years ago. I have been offered a home visit in a month, my concern is that after reading various forums, there is a general feeling that if you have a nice home in a nice area then the interviewer becomes biased.

i have a good job that I have been able to adapt to work within my disabilities from home and well paid. My wife has a professional job and is also well paid. 

Has anyone else had a home visit and felt that the interview was unfair

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have a nice home on the seafront and had a home visit.My assessor was only interested in  I got around  the house ....I’ve had two home visits and he never looked round my home even though I offered him the chance to look round ....go for the home visit...have someone with you if need be ...good luck xx
  • Posted

Hi Simon absolutely not, I don't live in a mansion but I do consider it to back nice home and I had a home assessment and it was fine, she was really straight forward and just asked the nescassarry questions, she did look around at all the aids I require, I was awarded high on both and I am due review September this year, I hope I am ok but you never know, good luck and try not to worry, too much LOL

• Posted

Hi,

I totally agree with what's already been said. My daughter had a home visit last year and i have a nice home. It's clean, tidy but certainly not a mansion. My daughter claims for mental health, she was also dressed as she always dresses...clean tidy with her hair perfectly done, as always. Nothing went against her. The assessor she had was lovely, he was understanding, asked lots of questions about her condition and the way it affects her. I'm her appointee so spoke for her. PIP isn't about housework and should go against you. It's also not means tested and you could be a millionaire and still claim it.

Be honest and tell the assessor exactly how your conditions affect you. Tell them you work from home because of your disability...if they ask. No review is safe but hopefully everything will be fine. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks for the advice. I’ve been looking at what I’d said on my application 2 years ago and without realising it was based on how often you need help I’d actually broken everything down in to four types of days and how often each month I had those days. 

I mainly use the standard rate daily living pip to cover cost of things I can’t do that I used to do ie cleaners weekly, odd jobs around the house etc. 

Should I mention this or not?

• Posted

Hi,

PIP is based on how your conditions affect you daily and really isn't anything to do with cleaners and odd jobs etc, they won't be interested in what you spend the money on.

What you need to base the form and the assessment on is yourself and how you manage to do every day things listed in the PIP descriptors. Take a look at them by searching google because links can't be posted here. There's also lots of info on the citizens advice website all about PIP and what the descriptors mean.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.