Homeless on suboxone.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi my names Ashley. I recently lost the house I was renting. I couldn't afford the rent. Before I had that house I was in a shelter. I didn't cope very well. I have an iPad an iPhone, beats headphones I always wear and other valuables. When u went to this shelter I couldn't help but feel like a major target. I quickly noticed the people there were very rough. I don't judge them but I have been robbed before. 

It resulted in PTSD and me getting on to the program. 

I've been in and out of shelters with my mum my whole life. Unstable housing is nothing new to me but I've never fully adjusted to it. I have a great support base of friends who aren't on drugs, I have stayed with them many times. I no longer want to put that burden on them and their family, my mum fled the country about 7 years ago due to my little brothers father, they had a volatile relationship. I witnessed my mum get bashed for 5 years, 

she finally got the courage to leave with my younger brother. At this stage I was 16 years old and there was no way I would go with my mum. She has her own issues, 

my dad's another story... I recently found out my father isn't my real dad. Apparently he doesn't know. Apparently my real dad doesn't even know. My sister and I are 1 and a half years apart. But I look nothing like my dad so I always suspected it. Plus I saw many men come in and out of my life it wasn't hard for me to piece together, 

I don't know what to do about it I have known for over two months now, 

I'm living with someone who offered me a room to rent. This guy has major issues, I wake up almost every morning to him screaming his head off/ talking to himself. It's happened over three times, 

everytime it happens my heart beats historically and I go in to a panic, I'm very scared something is going to happen while I'm here. But I have no where else to go... The guy I am staying with is 48 and I'm a 24 yo female, he has major psychological issues but I've always been nice to him. He has substance problems aswel. I'm on suboxone so I can be myself here. The only problem is I don't even feel safe to shower, my anxiety is terrible but I'm not being treated. I'm worried about my own state of mind and need some guidance. 

Sorry for the out poor. I have never been one to hold back and I'm to the point where I just need someone to talk to. That's maybe been here

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Where do you live?  Do you goto AA or NA?
    • Posted

Hi Andy. I live in Australia. This was the first forum I found and the first forum I've been on, smile I don't go to NA. I did at a point.mi smoke weed to sleep as I suffer from insomnia. I pretty much self midi date with marihuana. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.