Homeopathy and Gerd

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone,

Has anyone tried to wean off PPI's with homeopathy, homeopathic medicine? Would like to hear your experience since I tried it once, many years ago and couldn't make it. I lasted only 4 days and then while in horrible pain I returned to the PPI's.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

how many years you r on ppi? its very difficult to get away . its a horrible circle no matter how many times you try to get out i will be drag down again and again. you need very strong will power and luck to get out. i tried with homeopathy no luck but i have seen ppl did it . i am trying to do it as well. where do you live btw?. you can try dgl , slippery elm these natural remedies works well during wean.

• Posted

I live in Greece, I can find the things you say. Haven't tried them. Do you take them? In what form and dosage?

• Posted

i took them for 2 years . everytime i tried to get off them i had too much acid , so started taking them again . i didn't know anything about rebound acid production .

now i am trying to figure out how to completely stop acid suppressing drugs.

Its been 4 months now i am taking zantac instead of ppi, and still suffering with hyperacidic stomach. it seems once you r on them for long time your stomach never gets to its normal acid production . i was taking 40mg pantoprazole for 8 months then 20mg rebeprazole for 16 months. i wish i knew what these med could cause. it ruined my life i am in pain everyday, fear of getting something worse. PPI does not work for me anymore . i never had any issue before taking ppi ,

docs gave me ppi for wrong reason and since them i am hooked on to them and it got worse day by day. now i am praying to somehow get off . hope some how i would be able to do it

• Posted

i do take dgl , bought it online from amazon. i am also taking aloe vera juice every morning.

• Posted

Hi,

It can be very frustrating when our body are too reliant on PPI and so difficult to quit the medication. This is not my experience but it's someone else's. She tried lower dosages of the PPI and gradually take it every other day and every two days and so one. In the meantime, try to relax your body by doing yoga and meditations. Some people said acupucture worked for them. I don't know if it's placebo effect. One way might work for one person but not for the other.

Best of luck!

• Posted

ive been on ppi for 10 years everytime i try to come of then my acid plays up and now i have it in my throat

• Posted

ive been on ppi for 10 years everytime i try to come of then my acid plays up and now i have it in my throat even in my nasal passages have alot of pressure in my nose and cheeks

• Posted

Did you go for endoscopy? Did you try acid reflux diet? It might help if you sleep on the wedge.

• Posted

I've done all kinds of things. Endoscopy? 5 times so far. Every 2 years or so. I really don't get along with diets. I am not eating bad but I can't restrain myself from sweets!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.