Homeopathy for migraine

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone tried seeing a homeopathic doctor , I'm seeing one next week she is also a gp and says that they are curable as their is something underlying them which needs to be addressed , if anyone had gone down this route please let me know if anything has helped. thank you

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello Talicious

I would love to know how your appointment goes with your homeopathic doctor.  Treating naturally is such a better way if it helps take away migraines!  Some of my migraines are due to barometer pressure...or stress  

I wish you the best.  Are you in the US or UK?

Please keep us posted!

best regards,

Wendy

• Posted

Hi Talicious,

Sounds interesting, please let us know how it goes. I am constantly looking for an alternative having tried every medication for the past 45 years with little relief and no cure. I have just had a diath piercing but the result isn't looking very favourable up to now.

• Posted

My family has used homeopathy and have had a family homeopath for over thirty years. I never leave home without Arnica (injuries from automobile accidents and to stop hemorrhaging) and Aconite (for shock). Be patient. It can take a long time for the homeopath to find the best remedy that will cure, not just palliate you.  Good luck.
  • Posted

The most extensive investigation ever into homeopathy was carried out a couple of years ago by the Australian NHMRC and it reported that there is no robust evidence that homeopathy cures anything. This is not surprising as homeopathy is based on flawed principles and the 'remedies' typically contain no active ingredients. However, consultations with homeopaths tend to be lengthy and often make patients feel special and this in turn can have a powerful placebo effect. Good luck.
    • Posted

The study has been criticized many many countries' health ministries/departments/institutions. It was a meta-analysis that was done with over 2000 studies, but they chose less than a tenth, NOT to say it didn't work, but that there was NO EVIDENCE. When you choose your studies (poorly done ones, I might add), you can always get statistics to show you're right. Shame, Ariadne.
  • Posted

Migraines can have many causes.  Your doctor can prescribe a Homepathic Remedy that seems to fit your complete body and mind symptom makeup, but she might need to also address the root cause (hormones, food allergies, neck problems, etc.) of your migraines.

Homepathy had many double blind tests that prove its helpfulness.  Hopefully she is a good homeopathic doctor and can help you.  

If your doctor is helpful with your migraines you might find as a side effect of the migraine treatment that other areas of your complete body/mind symptom picture also improves.

• Posted

There are over 500 million who use omeopathy and are happy to recommend it, myself icluded. Others are understandibly skeptical, especially if they have not been treated by a licensed homeopath. Many conventional doctors are now learning it and integrating it into their practices. My family homeopath, for example. I say try it. It is non-toxic & in the long run inexpensive. 
    • Posted

According to a recent government survey, in India, where homeopathy is widely available and promoted at government level for economic reasons, over 6% of the population said they would choose homeopathy and other alternative therapies if modern mainstream medicine was available. Those that wouldn't choose it - over 90% - is likely to include a lot of people who have tried it. Sandra, I'm afraid you can't possibly know if there are 500 million people who will "happily recommend" homeopathy and I doubt if there are. 

You can know that it doesn't work any better than placebo because that is what the hard evidence - i.e. evidence from hundreds of clinical trials that strive, as far as possible, to eliminate bias - tells us. However, as many headaches are said to be placebo responsive, it's worth a go.

• Posted

There are MANY double blind tests that prove beyond a shadow of doubt that homeopathy is effective.  The tests that fail to show the worthiness of homeopathy are those tests that are done by people that do not understand how homeopathy is properly prescribed on an individual whole body/mind basis.  

In addition to the need to prescribe on an individual whole body/mind basis a remedy prescription can fail if the taker has not taken and/or stored the remedy properly.  

Many of the naysayers are those that are either paid to be naysayers or are ignornant of the science of homeopathy and thus go along with the crowd and speak against it in their ignorance.  

• Posted

Homeopathy treats many conditions successfully, and migraine headaches are just one of them.  Most people who use it are very satisfied with the results.  It will address the root cause of your migraines rather than just treat the symptoms as conventional medicine does.  Although I haven't used it for this condition I have been treated for high blood pressure and high intraocular pressure caused by glaucoma.  It has cured both these conditions, and it did it safely and inexpensively.

Best wishes to you for success!

• Posted

Homeopathy is great for migraines! Although I'm not in the UK, I practice in the US, and have had many successful outcomes. Often they can be linked to hormones. Rather than cover up the problem with pharmaceuticals, cure them with homeopathy! You will be amazed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.