Posted , 4 users are following.
My 12 year old son has orofacial crohn's. I have to decide in two days whether or not to allow him to be administered the drug remicade.
Remicade is an immunosuppressant that must be take with methotrexate. It takes 4 hours to administer and he will have to be watched carefully to ensure that there are no major side effects.
I am considering to postpone the remicade infusion in order to try more homeopathic options. I am not even clear on exactly what homeopathy treatment options there are, but I know that diet plays a big role in orofacioal crohns.
He has been on an ensure diet for three months and his symptoms have vanished 95%. However, his Dr. says that his inflammation markers have never gone down and that is why we should begin the Remicade infusions.
My gut says stop the Remicade and try more homeopathic options. My Dr's have scared me saying that I am going to damage my son more by NOT allowing him to begin Remicade.
Have any of you ever tried Remicade or homeopathic options???
0 likes, 5 replies