Hooray! Discharged With Honours!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Everyone, went for my post-op assessment and passed with flying colours, I am discharged A1 fit.razz  The only thing is I am not allowed to pick Rosie up yet,cry I thought the 3 months counted from the operation date, but you have 6 weeks healing, and then 3 months resting time before you can lift 8 kilos, and even then they said try and leave it as long as possible!  Still I have permission to Zumba to my heart's content.  So it is full steam ahead.  

I just want to thank you all very much for your support and help during this journey, it was lovely to know I was not alone and means a lot to me.  

Love

Jacqui smile

3 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Great news Jackie. 

Its been a great help having this forum. 

Can't believe that's 11 weeks since our op. 

Take care and keep in touch. 

Lee xx

• Posted

Hi Lee

Many thanks.  Where has the time gone!  Hope you are getting back to normal now.  Cuddles to your lovely babies.

Love 

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Congratulations Jacqui, well done you is rosie a shih tzu she looks like my Tag.......sue
    • Posted

Many thanks Sue

Yes Rosie is a Shih Tzu, aren't they lovely.  How old is your Tag?

Have you packed your case yet?  Is everything all set for the 18th?

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Yes all packed just sorting last minute things for my dad I have a couple of good friends popping in to give him his meals and see he''s ok.Tag is 15 months old x my baby he's such a friendly little soul, loads of people taking him for his walks he thinks its great......x sue
    • Posted

Hi Sue

Just to wish you good luck for tomorrow, and hoping all goes well, it sounds like you have a great team working on your op so you will be in very good hands.  You will soon be on your road to recovery.

You seem to be very well organised with everything taken care of.  Give Tag cuddles and kisses from Rosie, she loves him already!  She is such a hussy!  Hopefully you will soon be home and can catch up with your own cuddles and kisses to Tag.  He is going to miss you, but won't you get a welcome and a half when you get back home.

Try some meditation today it will calm you and help the healing after the op.  There are some great ones on YouTube.   I do them all the time.  

I will be thinking of you tomorrow.  Let me know how you get on when you can.  

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi Jacqui,

Came home yesterday, had morphine first night but no other painkillers after that. Went into 3rd stage kidney failure which was a bit rough but kidneys back to normal. My surgeon said it was a bigger job than he expected my uterus was hugh and had large fibroids but all in all ive sailed through it , just taking it easy and enjoying being waited on.......Sue

• Posted

Hi Sue

So glad you are home.smile  I was getting worried as you had not posted.  You poor thing it must have been really scary going into kidney failure.cry  So glad your kidneys are back to normal. razz What a great relief.

So now you are on the recovery trail.  Take it easy and have four little walks every day and slowly increase the distance slightly every day. You will be fully fit in no time.  

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

That's great news! You show the light at the end of the tunnel!
    • Posted

Thanks Rsarahj

Oh it is so good to exercise, I lot a real buzz from my first Zumba sessionrazz.  Hubby said 'peace has now ended!'  rolleyes

How are you doing?

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Even = been
  • Posted

Hi Jacqui

Congratulations on passing your assessment!  It feels good to get it out the way doesn't it, and get back on with our lives.  Zumba is a wonderful way to get back on track.  I've just started doing Ceroc with my new partner and you really feel like you've had a good workout while you're enjoying yourself as well!

Best wishes to you and to everyone on this site who has been so wonderfully supportive.

Sharon xxsmile

• Posted

Hi Sharon

Many thanks for your good wishes.  I haven't heard of Ceroc so I looked it up on YouTube.  It looks fabulous, great fun and very sexyredface. I was watching beginners and then had a look at the Champions.   Excellent way to get a good workout.  Keep up the good work.  Of course the best bit is that you can do it with your new partner.  

It feels a bit strange being without my hospital support team, I have been with them for 3 years and now I am back in the big wide world on my own!  rolleyes

Love

Jacqui smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.