hope

Posted , 1 user is following.

Well after 6 wks misery, rash has faded really well , shampoo treatment and hydrocortisone cream seemed to help, good as new.

Never thought i'd see the day, don't give up!!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You mentioned the 'shampoo treatment' did you mean that you'd used Head and Shoulders and it had improved your condition? Did you use it on your body too? I'm seeing a 'tiny' improvement using Bio Oil.
  • Posted

Yeah it was head and shoulders used on my body, the spots immediately changed in appearance and have faded, no itching at all now. Spots went a little bit dry but are healing altogether now, only thing is i was tanned from my holiday(before spots came out) and so i have tiny white blemishes where spots were but not complaining. Using the bio oil too!
  • Posted

Pleased to hear that..........and, I have to say that I've been doing the same,

using Head and Shoulders almost as soap, bathing not showering and leaving it on for a few minutes before rinsing. Then slathering on the old Bio Oil, I feel like a sweet smelling greasy chip !

BUT its working, my spots are much better, less itchy and after 5 weeks are beginning to fade. Would recommend giving this a try.

Head and Shoulders is expensive, but I just bought the small size and it goes a long way.

• Posted

Hi all

I've (hopefully!) just coming to the end of this. Had it for about 3/4 weeks. Thought it would never get better but I've seen such an improvement the last few days. I can't pinpoint what it is that helped but I'll list what I used:

-calamine lotion, really helped with the itchyness and dried the patches up.

- taking aloe vera juice, milk thistle drops and echinacea drops daily (read the packages to get dosage right).

- drinking 2 litres of water a day and not eating any sugary foods or alcohol (apparently PR is caused by a virus and sugar will only help 'feed' the virus).

- washing with head and shoulders. and also using Dermol 200 in the shower.

Really praying i've seen the end of this as it's a horrid condidtion! Good luck everyone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.