Hope

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Peeps.

I haven't been on in a while, ive been really busy with work and church and life. I barely have time for anything. I always pray for yall. But I'm doing good! I actually started to go to a holistic Doctor. It's way different then a regular doctor. It's more about body and mind. So I'm eating way better. I got essential oils. It's working really well. My anxiety is calm. My stress is alright. It helps that my doctor always calls me. Asks me how I am doing. Asks me if I'm okay and how I woke up. We meet once a week and go over things. Concerns and life in general. Amazing. I was used to gping to my GP and leaving with more questions than answers and leaving with more medicine than remedies. It's been about 2 weeks and I've noticed a difference. I always get a High BP reading when I went to the doctors. At home I got really good readings. So I went to this holistic doctor and he took my pressure. It was high. He asked if I was nervous. I said yes. What he did next surprised me. He got his nurse. They all started talking to me and just started to relax me. He sort of hugged me as my blood pressure was being taken. I felt as if he wanted me to succeed and felt like he cared what was happening to me. It was a very nice expirience. He explained to me why anxiety and depression affects so much. So we have these molecules in the brain that counter act sad, difficult times so we don't suffer for a long time. So if something makes us sad. Those cells or molecules tell us, okay dude it's enough stop worrying. But when we are in constant stress and anxiety those cells die. Because of high cortisol levels and other levels of stuff. Lol. So I loved that he explained why things happen instead of just telling me I have anxiety. It's been good. So I just wanted to give an update. I'm still finding my way through this. It's hard, it's not easy. So just keep fighting guys and girls. Find a way. Keep pushing. Don't be content. Find an answer. You deserve to get rid of this. The most important thing to know is that you are not alone in this. Our bodies are weird. If something is off then our whole body goes nuts. Then we go get checked and everything is fine Cuz it's not really a problem. It's all really in the brain. Doctor told me 96% of all problems start in the brain. Educate yourself but don't use Dr Google. Just read books. Free your mind. Find a way. Don't give up. God bless You All.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

what is a holistic Doctor and how do you find one? I've been going to my family doctor and they don't explain anything to me tell me nothing's wrong I just have anxiety and gives me medicine which doesn't help.  

• Posted

I Used  an alternative doctor myself. A bit costly depending in the docs methods but extremly useful. I went regularly for about a year. Saw a holistic therapist too for a short time.
  • Posted

Well said my man! Reading stories like this really but a good feeling through my body. It makes me feel im not alone. Thanks for this!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.