Hope I'm not crazy

Posted , 12 users are following.

Has anybody been driving somewhere and for a split second the area looked unfamiliar and you thought you were lost? I mean you immediately knew you weren't, but just the fact it happened scares the h*'ll out of you?

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Juanita, it hasn't happened while driving (cos I don't have a car!) but the exact thing happened to me on looking at my phone one day. I picked it up to do something - check something on the internet, I think - and for that second I didn't recognise the screen and I couldn't think what to do. Yep, scared me half to death. Apparently, it's simply the menopause equivalent of going into a room and momentarily forgetting what you went in for... and nothing to worry about! As if we're going to stop worrying...!! Annie-Mae xx

• Posted

That has been an issue of mine my whole life. Standing in a room and wondering why I went in there. I cannot blame menopause on this one. I think our minds are constantly running and our thoughts go from one thing to another, forcing the "forgetfullness" of what we were doing.

• Posted

Ha ha.. the craziness that is meno... not had that happend but ive had other brain related weird issues.. Sometimes when people talk to me i dont understand what they say.. i hear it but for that minute it makes no sense. Also when i was in the post office the assistant asked me to do something with my parcel that ive done a thousand times.. and for that second i had no idea how to do it.. i just looked at her..haha  she said 'you just went for a minute are you ok'  .. 30 seconds later i was fine.. Its like your brain has a delay... 

• Posted

Hello there ! Yes , I am in the same boat trying to swim towards shore so to speak and all of the sudden I’ll forward where I am too . Just for a minute thankfully .  Yep “ a lot of us woman know completely where your coming from , we’re all in the menopausal fog right along with ya . Just remember though it’s only part of the hormone change and it will eventually get better . Thank god !  Me myself , well I try to count the days till i get through menopause and sadly the next month a period shows up that’s different from the last months or no period at all .  So I will keep my fingers crossed that my hormones balance out soon and best wishes to you too as I know how it feels to go through so many changes , lord help us eh?  Stay strong “ it will all be ok -) 

Hugs from Canada 

• Posted

that happens to me and I am post meno. For a second I am not sure which way to drive, esp at night. I do h ave a terrible sense of direction but suddenly it is unfamiliar. very scary. I wondered if I have early dementia, GD forbid.
    • Posted

I worry about dementia too. If it wasn't so publicized (TV, radio, Internet), we probably would just forget the we forgot, and continue our day.

• Posted

Hi Juan it, I relate to you and al the other similar symptoms ladies mentioned as response to you. I am scared of driving. So I try to avoid as much as I can. Once I started the car moving and then I had no idea what side of the road I had to drive. It was very scary. It was a quiet road so I went slowly till a car appeared from the opposite direction. Another time went to car. Sat in the car&put my belt on and slowely lower the hand break but the car wasn't reversing out. (The car was facing the wall). I tried again but no the car wasn't moving back! Why ? I DIDN'T EVEN PUT THE ENGINE ON!!!

• Posted

Thank you ladies! Of course now I had a weird feeling in my left arm and a commercial about heart attack survivors came on. Had to mute the tv and take a Valium! 😂😂😂😂

You guys are a Godsend! I honestly don't know I would do without all of you!????

I am postmenopausal since 2010. But had high estrogen so had no symptoms until 2014. I thought I was going crazy when they started.

• Posted

Thank you ladies! Of course now I had a weird feeling in my left arm and a commercial about heart attack survivors came on. Had to mute the tv and take a Valium! 😂😂😂😂

You guys are a Godsend! I honestly don't know I would do without all of you!????

I am postmenopausal since 2010. But had high estrogen so had no symptoms until 2014. I thought I was going crazy when they started.

• Posted

Also weird head pain. Can't describe it. Like a quick striking pain and it's gone. I have good days and bad days. But every day I'm alive is a good day, it means I get to talk to you ladies.??🤗🤗

• Posted

It happened to me once a year or two ago. Yes just for a split second as you said. I came to a roundabout that i always use and it didnt look familar. No dont worry you arent crazy 😉

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.