Hope seeing docs today

Posted , 3 users are following.

Sitting waiting for a picture of my gut so the docs a gastro surgen at OSHU he's a professor here ,so maybe he's got better news than well we dont know what's it is maybe IBS lol. Well I will keep you all posted on what goes on .

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Is this a new group/thread or a comment?
    • Posted

Whatever you like I was just informing people on what goes on at docs for this stuff. I had to do get another barium test then to see surgeons to see what next. I am in Portland Oregon USA and not very known here
    • Posted

Yeah, I'm in AL. and if I have a POEM I will fly to Northerstern in Chicago or Johns Hopkins. I hope you get well soon! 😊

• Posted

I live in Springfield/Eugene area. And I had to drive 100miles to see a doc that suppose to know about this .He is a professor so that one plus.
    • Posted

They don't do POEMS at my hospital I think I'm going to fly to Northwestern in Chicago.

• Posted

Something tells me that whatever it might be you'll face it with coursge. Good luck and thanks for sharing your experience with this all!

• Posted

Well they told me I need survey! He said man lady you been in a lot of pain for a long time YES I have! So they are doing a roboticsurgery and man I'm a nervous!. But what to do either stay in this horrible pain or go have it fixed. Will be on a liquid diet for 2wks then slowly introduce real food again. I will try to enjoy a good steak before this in June. Yes I'll suffer but will sure taste god . I been beprived of food for way to long now. If I gain any weight might be good maybe . well I PST more laters people.

• Posted

Hun that's what they want to do to me. I'm not in pain like the rest of you. So I would bite the bullet and have the surgery. Life can't be good to you right now I'm sure. You will do fine and this will one day be an old memory. I'll end up having it too. I can't keep aspirating in my lungs and choking. It's horrible. And even if my Alchalasia is caused by pain Meds that's part of my life. I refuse to live life hurting 24/7. I would like to come off them and see, but I'm not going to. Good luck. I look forward to your posts

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.