Hope this is helpful

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

I posted last week that I had undergone my TAH and was feeling OK about things after being discharged from hospital.

Just to say that I heard from the hospital this morning and all the tests have come back clear: the cysts were benign and there was no sign of malignancy.

What I really want to pass along is some positive news for anyone with raised CA125 levels. Its been the thing constantly worrying me about all this. Mine was 228 which is quite high. Although CT and ultrasounds indicated that the cysts were not cancer this test result was taken into account when the team at the hospital decided on a TAH. They even took the ometum just to be doubly sure.

But here I am, with a clean bill of health, for which I am just so thankful. So if anyone is in this position please don't get too stressed about it. From what happened to me it is NOT an automatic sign that yo have cancer, and that's something I would Love to have heard while I was going through all the tests and the waiting.

I hope everyone is doing OK, and wish you all the very best in getting through a really horrible time

Chris 

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Wow what a tremendous relief you must be feeling right now! I am delighted for you and once again thankyou for taking the time to share as (as i mentioned last week) Im in an almost identical situation to you.

I had a CT scan last Wednesday and am awaiting my results sad

• Posted

Glad you have put this on, I had a CA 125 blood test in readiness for my appointment tomorrow, I have been too scared to find out what the level is so will find out when I see the gynaecologist.  At least if it is high I can know that it doesn't mean I have cancer and I may be ok.  Thanks for the tip.
  • Posted

Thank you as I am having both ovaries and fallopian tubes removed due to a cyst in each and my blood test level is way too high. Stressed out so will hold onto this. Thanks once again.
  • Posted

Sorry to be dim but when a complete hysterectomy is referred to, could someone clarify exactly which 'bits' are taken. Chrissie you mentioned the ometum. So that is usually left with a hysterectomy?
  • Posted

That is fab news xx

ladies also when I went to see my consultant to book my date, I got in the room and he had a Macmillan nurse there who was assigned to me. My heart sank, and even though my ct and bloods were ok I was thinking they know something they are not telling me. But apparently in some aras this is normal practice they are there to support you through your op. Again that was not explained at the time

• Posted

It is the lack of information which is so difficult! no-one tells you things at the hospital unless you question question question. and when I'm in pain I cant think of the right questions! At least these forums are giving me info that I can use to formulate my questions. Thanks to everyone who asks questions and for the replies.
  • Posted

Hi ladies i have my op on Friday and i am scared to death.Am having a full hysterectomy due to a 11cm cyst on my left ovarie and a few small ones on my right.This forum really helps me.Will keep everyone posted on my recovery.If anyone as any tips please share thank you.
  • Posted

Hi julie

just remember follow advice from nurses and take things slowly

big knickers into hospital and ear plugs. Those machines all around beeping keep you awake

takemany help offered when you get home, no matter ho well you feel or how bored you get don't be tempted into doing things before you should , you will only end up slowing your recovery period

hope all goes well xx

• Posted

Thank you Chrissie23 i will get some ear plugs and ive got big knickers thanks again xxx
  • Posted

Everyone seems to mention big knickers and in a post I made about having both ovaries and fallopian tubes removed a swollen belly for 6 to 8 weeks. I am desperate to know if this is true as it was not mentioned by my surgeon and for a number of reasons is highly distressing. Can you help?
    • Posted

It is only because post op your stomach is both swollen and bit tender and some people have a dressing so if your under wear is loose it is more comfortable 
    • Posted

Thanks. Hope is only for day or two, day of and day after at most, as not got any and can't get any.
    • Posted

hope you don't mind this idea but some churches have a grant they can give to people in need of financial help for situations such as yours.  do you have a local church you could ask?
    • Posted

Most churches here run at a defecit and have to beg for charity themselves but can try them, know my own can't help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.