Hope you all have (reasonably) happy holidays!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to wish everyone happy holidays. I've been up and down a lot lately and somehow I find it so hard to deal with everything around this time of the year. I think since it's Christmas, I feel pressured to feel okay, which makes everything only worse. To be honest, I can't wait for the holidays to be over...

That being said, I hope we all have a reasonably good time. I want you to know that I'm praying for all of you and wishing you all the best and let's stay strong! When things are bad, the only way is up!

Keep hanging in there!

Tina xx

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you and all here.

This is the time of year when we are expected to drink a lot - I don't drink at all - go to big parties etc, I hate noise and large crowds.

We put the tv on and see all sorts of programmes and advertisements full of smily faces, laughter and family get togethers. My family are too far away to meet up with. So it can be hard. But we have to make the most of it.

Thank the Lord that I am not homeless, penniless or unloved.

• Posted

Hi Carmel,

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry your family is far away to meet up with. I can imagine that must be hard. Mine is close, but we've never really celebrated Christmas together. They just aren't into that. But like Abella said, it's just another day and I try to see it that way too, but it still makes me feel bad sometimes... I guess we all go up and down. You're right that we have to make the most of it and we have so much to be thankful for. I try to repeat the verse from a Bible when it gets hard: "Give thanks in all circumstances for that is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." There's always something to be thankful for...

Wishing you all the best!

Tina xx

• Posted

Thanks Tinkara.

I know EXACTLY how you feel

• Posted

Hi Mark. It feels better knowing that people understand your feelings. Most of people around me don't, so that means a lot to me. Wishing you the best of luck 

Tina xx

• Posted

Hi All

Christmas is just another day. Nothing special. That thought has helped me immensely. Its the building it up to be perfect that causes us to be so anxious.

Just be yourself and dont try too hard. Take yourself away for a nap whenever you need to. Others will carry on the day, you dont have to arry it this year if you cant be bothered. Cheers and love and man have I been there!

• Posted

Hi Abella,

Thank you so much for your words. You're right about Christmas being just another day. It can be hard to see it that way, when some people make such a big deal out of it. 

Thank you also for sharing your story. Wow, I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you! And also starting the chemotherapy on Christmas day. But if it took spoiling Christmas day in order to save your husband's life, then that's the best gift you could have received. I'm so happy to hear that it saved his life and I'm sure you both appreciate life so much more. Every day is a miracle and when you look at all that is happening in the world, how silly it is to worry about having a "perfect" Christmas!

Thank you for putting things into perspective. I really needed that!

All the best to you and your husband 

Tina xx

• Posted

Happy Holidays to you as well, Tink.  I hope to join you once again after the first if my eyes heal a bit faster!  Anyway, you hang in there and remember, it's one day of the year and you definitely are not alone. <3

frustrated>

frustrated>

• Posted

Thank you Frustrated! Thank you for your kind words! You are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you feel better soon.

All the best!

Tina xx

• Posted

Thanks Tina - and merry christmas to you, and everyone else on the forum!

• Posted

Hi me again. I was thinking about how much everyone puts their heart and soul into having a good xmas and how disappointed you feel when something doesnt go as well as youhoped. We can get so hung up on the little things cant we. LOL,

Anyway I remembered that 5 years ago today my husband was given his first course of chemotherapy after the doctors thinking he wwas too sick to have it, but he wasnt getting better so they made the caall, to start xmas day. They didnt think about how it might spoil a good day for us all. His health came first. He has leukemia but the chemo for him, saved his life. We are sitting outside in the sun together enjoying the miracle of life.

Lovee to you all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.