Hopefully THR getting nearer..

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've not been posting so much lately.  I've been feeling a bit fed up and envious of all you hippies.  All I was offered was a 'hip class' as my hip wear and tear was only moderate and although I'm in a lot of pain I felt I'd been fobbed off.  Well, I struggled through the 6-week hip class (all post-ops except me) and went in to physio for my review today.  Now I've got an appointment on Thursday with a higher-up physio for a second review, new Xrays and he can refer me to consultant surgeon if he thinks it's appropriate.  Fingers crossed although I must admit that despite wanting (and needing) surgery my heart gave a little blip when told that if I'm referred it should be bout 5 months until mop, eek!

5 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thabk you for all your replies.

Well, I saw the super physio yesterday and he really pulled me around and hurt me.  I saw my old Xray on his screen (from 17 months ago) and my hip didn't look too bad but my lower spine looked all crunched together.  Anyway, I completed the hip score and he said it was quite high, had another Xray, was told that if the Xray shows deterioration they'll "whip it out and put a new one in".  Also have been offered a steriod injection in the meantime to help with the pain *scary*.  He'll be getting in touch with me within the next 2 weeks smile

• Posted

Hello CelsB

I can understand your frustration. I was offred heat treatment and an injection. I refused the injection but took the heat treatment. That didn't work for long so my GP refred me. Took almost 4 years to get  the first one done which was in April this year and I am dure the second one in 2 weeks. What ever you so keep phoning up and bugging them to make sure you are on the list and how long you will have to wait. you will get sorted quicker once you have the details of your surgeon. You shgould phone his secretary up every feqw weeks and ask if they have a date for you yet. The more noise you make the quicker you will be seen and done.

• Posted

Thanks Hailea

I'll give it the two weeks and see if he gets in touch with me as promised.  If I don't hear anything I'll ring up and see what's happening.  Watch this space x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.