Hoping just another blip

Posted , 5 users are following.

So beginning of November I got Increased to 40mg and been on that since then. Took many weeks to feel ok and been having better days for almost a month but this last week I wake feeling anxious and feel anxious throughout the day again and today feeling really down and crying on and off. Just the weeks before I felt great and now I can't stop thinking about anxiety and how bad it was before. This is exactly around the same time last year that my really bad Anxiety started and last April 5th around is when I got prescribed to take citalopram, 10mg then 20mg, to eventually 30 and then 40. I don't know if me thinking about it being the same time of year when all this began horribly for me is causing this or the fact Friday would have been my dad's 65th birthday and it's been almost 10 years since he passed (which had caused my anxiety to begin really affecting my life when he died) or the fact I have many cake orders coming up (I bake and decorate cakes from home and been getting lots of orders which is great but I constantly put myself down me stress that I will do a bad job and people won't like it... So far people have loved the work I have done so I don't know why I have to be so hard on myself) sorry writing so much. Just feeling alone right now.

I just want to not feel anxious for nothing anymore and being afraid and sad. Hoping this is just a blip even though it's been almost 5 months since my 40mg increase.. the meds worked wonders for my last summer til I had a bad 4-5 weeks and my doc increased me

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Sorry you are feeling bad  you know we panic disorders can think too much....lol  no truly I got anxious and it is better now.  I notice if I watch a movie or show that is too loud or too much screaming I get more anxious.  My panic attacks were pretty bad but the last year has been better and I have decreased from 20 mg to 10 mg daily.   I still love my heating pad or hot shower.  Do things to calm yourself and read about the breathing for panic attacks.  It works.  Also.....talk to your doctor. 
    • Posted

Yeah I have a doc appointment in April. I also start therapy March 31, was on a wait list since November so I am very excited to start therapy next week. I don't want to feel anxious for nothing anymore and feel down and like I am useless. I am hoping it is just a blip. I had a blip awhile back and it passed and then I felt better for awhile. People tell me there are ups and downs and can last months....Just want to feel as good as I did last summer again. I felt amazing and was going out to stores and restaurants (which was always caused Anxiety for me and last summer I was able to do it ) and I didn't have daily Anxious thoughts and fears etc. I just want to get back to that. That was truly the happiest I have ever been.

I am sad missing my father. He would be 65 years old this Friday. He passed away from skin cancer almost 10 years ago and I miss him more and more every day.

• Posted

Hi Isabel.

Ive just had a change of brand of citalopram. Started the new brand on Monday and have suddenly felt very anxious, no appetite etc. I've been great for at least 4 weeks.  Seems a bit suspicious!! You haven't had a change of brand have you? I have a friend who changed on Saturday and is having the same problem!!  Just seems very odd after feeling find for ages x

• Posted

I haven't had a change of brand yet BUT I got my next prescription for them yesterday because I only had one day left and the ones I will start taking tomorrow are different shape than the ones I've been using! The ones I have been taking are oval with a 10 on them (I take 4 pills of 10mg coz I can't swallow pills) and the new ones are now round with F7 written on them. I hope they don't cause this to get worse... The pharmacist said they are exactly the same... So I don't know

• Posted

That's not your issue then.  Yeah I take 2, one is a 10mg and the other is a 20mg. One is round, the other is oval!! Both are now the Accord brand whereas last eeek it was 10mg Accord and 20mg Medreich.  As I say I've been fine for at least 4 weeks after increasing to 30 at the beginning of February.  Just can't figure out why it would kick off again for no reason.  My pharmacist said the same but I've seen others say they have different coatings.  Jesus, as if we don't have enough problems already !!!

Im sorry about your dad, I also lost my dad 10 years ago to cancer. Another crappy illness x

• Posted

Yeah that's not my issue but now hearing you have Anxiety again and the brand was changed makes me nervous to take my meds since they are now a different brand. How do I know what brand it is? The bottle just says citalopram.

(I live in Canada, maybe it's different here?)

Yeah seriously. We have enough problems that we don't need another brand of citalopram to cause more Anxiety symptoms!

Sorry about your dad as well. It's a horrible illness sad

• Posted

I'm going to phone the Pharmacy this morning and ask for my last prescription. I could've completely wrong and it's just a blip but I dont want to take the new brand anymore! If you haven't started your new brand, and you're worried about it, take it back and order your usual brand. I'm in the UK and ours come in blister packs with the name on them. Mine are made by Accord but the last lot were 10mg accord and 20mg Medreich. I have tried googling and some say they have different coatings etc! Who knows but fed up now as been wide awake again since 4am, feel like I've gone back to th beginning x

• Posted

I called my pharmacy this morning and they said they no longer have the brand I was using and only have these. I will try them out and hopefully not get worse. Scares me. I don't want to get back to how I was at the beginning of all this.

I just feel like I will never feel great again like I used to.

I also askthe pharmacist about change of brand and if it can affect me differently and she said absolutely not ,that it's the same thing as the other pills. So who knows....

• Posted

Same here, they can't get it. I've spoken to the doctor and 3 pharmacists, two of the pharmacists said the coatings and fillers can be different but the active ingredient is exactly the same. It may be that I'm just sensitive to the different coatings, who knows! I don't think I will ever find out and now the other brand is in my system, is it worth trying to get the other one! So confused.

But like you, I really don't want to go back to how I was. That's horrendous.

It's all the questions as well like why did it happen, when does it keep happening. There's no explanation this time at all apart from a brand change!! I really don't get it!!!

Hopefully you will be fine. Lots of people don't notice a difference but I do know some that do x

• Posted

Hi,

I've suffered anxiety issues now for around 6 years in that time I have started on 20mg and currently at 40mg.

When in bad bouts I suffer from hurrendous sleep issues. I recently went back to my GP who has advised me to taper my cit. 1 week 40-30-40-30etc then 30-30-30-30 etc on a weekly basis then lower and lower but steady. He also gave me mirtazapine 15mg at night. First 3 days slept fine so far so good. Still quite anxious and have a fast heart rate and a bit groggy throughout the day but better than not sleeping!!! Anyone out there have similar experience out there to talk to??? Anyone out there on similar medication that can advise and let me know how they are doing?? Any one find that this combo works for them??

I've been fine on cit alone until recently. Doc said it could have stopped working, can this happen?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I have to go back to the go next week too.

I've tried to find groups where I live but there is none which is a shame as I think group thearpy would be awesome.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.