HOPING TO GET REASSURANCE THAT ITS ONLY PERIMENOPAUSE........UGH!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello everyone,

Need to know if anyone else is experiencing eye issues with peri.  I am experiencing EVERYTHING ELSE:

*Weird periods?shorter in length and brown in the beginning

*tinnitus

*No sex drive

*cold extremities (mainly my left foot)

*cold all the time

*stiff/sore neck and shoulder muscles

*mild headaches

etc....

but the weird eye thing started last night.  I was watching TV with my heating blanket rolleyes and it was like I could see a shadow out of my peripheral vision, it went away and then today I had it a couple times, I can see fine, no blurry vision, no double vision, no black outs, no floaters just weird vision.  I saw my opthamologist today and they did a bunch of tests, eye x-rays and she found nothing.  They want to do an eye field test Monday.  

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or similar??  My anxiety is through the roof, thinking it could be something more serious like......I'm not even going to type it.

Thank you,

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I had eye floaters that was weird and everything else except sex drive and  cold extremities 
    • Posted

Thats awesome about the sex drive.  GOD, I wish i had the desire. 

I don't have floaters just weird vision at times.

• Posted

I have blurr vision as well ! But the headaches w neck and shoulder pain is crazy .  The heart palpitations are crazy I went to Er a couple of times but everything turned out normal 
    • Posted

I'm just getting over the neck back and headaches. It's one thing after another

• Edited

I have had all of your symptoms. I had to see my optician as was experiencing like a film over my eye almost shadowing my sight. My eyes were also sore especially in the morning. Turned out to be dry eye another symptom of Peri and menopause. The horrible symptoms of this change of life are awful. Also sounds like you have health anxiety and thi king the worst scenario which again is on that ever growing list of symptoms.

Try not to worry, have your test I'm sure you will be fine. X

• Edited

Your right i have everything inthe course of 2 years and a bunch of test later it turned out to be normal. I’m just want to go back to be 32  🙂... I’m 48. 

• Edited

I'm 50 and started this horrendous change at 48. I was a carefree person who never worried much about my health. Now my anxiety is through the roof at the slightest niggle of pain and there are plenty

• Posted

While I'm sitting here typing, I have pain in my upper left chest, above my left boob, right below my armpit, I started my period today of course it's brown and light and stomach is acting up.  What the Hell??  My eyes were dilated today and my vision is slowly coming back but no vision symptoms from yesterday or earlier today so that's good. I love all you ladies......Thank you for not making me feel like I'm crazy.  The support here is unbelievably and truly a blessing.

• Posted

I had pain going into my armpit was like a sore cramp. Dr examined me and said it is distention and put me on vitb which helped.

I am now on hrt and have to say it has helped so much with all the crazy symptoms and ailments.

Now we know why they call it the change of life.

• Posted

I get that too  always the left boob and go under my armpit actually I get the shoulder pain up above the clavicle bone and down my left breast and at one point I got this nodules above the left breast and below the collar bone and I end up having a ultrasound and a 3D mammogram but nothing bad.  All before my period and then the horrendous headache with neck pain I can hear it crack but I don’t have ear pain. We are in this together even when i get scare as hell !hugss
  • Posted

Good morning kiki

Wow you described ME!!! Isn't terrible I want my life back I'm also lost complete of my sex drive 

Are you taking anything ?

P

• Posted

Hi Maria,

My Gyno has put me on Lo Loestrin (mild form of BC) she said it will level me out.  I will keep everyone updated with my results.  Today is my 3rd day on the BC and well lets just say IT HASN'T KICKED IN YET!!! sad  The constant thing is my neck and shoulder pain.  My neck is so fricken stiff, I stretch it in the shower with hot water and I massage my lats and my neck but honestly get no relief.  I tiny bit of a headache today but mainly neck pain.

• Posted

Hi Kiki. I've got or had pretty much all the symptoms. I've had blurry vision off and on. My health anxiety is always bad. Ive been going through this for 2 years now. I am 45. I also have left side neck , clavicle and ear pain. I give up. I am making an appt with an ent on Monday. I have to make sure its nothing serious. I'm praying for us all. This forum has been a blessing. ((Hugs))

• Posted

OMG. I just had this for the past week. It's soo weird. I went to my accupunture appointment and mentioned it to him and he said it has some thing to do with your neck and of coarse because of peri I have some neck pain. He did his thing with the needles and it worked. I haven't had an issue since then and that was 6 days ago. I hate all this crazy stuff peri does to us and i cant wait for it to be over. Hugs.

• Posted

And how crazy is this...my Gyno said she wants me to make an appt with an acupuncturist and to tell her I want relief for "menopausal symptoms".  So even though my eye shadows or "visual disturbance" as Lisa put it smile were literally for 1.5 days I am scheduling the acupuncture appt tomorrow.  I will also keep everyone updated as to the relief it gives.  I am hoping for neck and shoulder relief pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.