Hormonal Imbalance Symptoms in Women

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive been suffering from depression since january but before that probably my early twenties and im 28 now, but ive had alot of dark secrets come out of the closet lately that happened from a childhood memory, so going counselling but need womanly advice now. I dread when its that time of the month as i could be feeling ok until im on, i feel so emotional and moody and down yet again, but its when im always on. Being on just makes me so much worst, could i have an hormonal inbalance? Or am i just stressing? Getting sick of dreading when its that time and being down back to square one again. Is there hormone tablets i can take? Or worth going doctors raising theses concerns? Please help now. I always feel fine for a couple of weeks, sick of going round in circles now.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laura- You very well could have PMDD. Our hormones fluctuate throughout our cycle. In people with PMDD their progesterone levels tend to be low. In order to find out you need a cycle long salivary test. I actually just completed one and will get my results this coming Tuesday. I am in the states... so I am not sure what they do in other countries. I had to spit in tubes every few days for the duration of my cycle. This is an accurate measure of hormones as the doctor is able to see how they fluctuate and if I am more estrogen dominant when I should have my preogesterone higher during ovulation. I suffer greatly from mood swings and am hoping I will get some relief soon. I had been taking Celexa for a few years but am now off of the medication. I am depressed currently- and am trying more natural treatments. 
    • Posted

Thank you for getting back to me, yeah I think it's worth going to doctors about it, it's really horrible like counting down the days til I know when I'll be up and down again. I'm in the uk so not sure how they go about it. Just driving me mad now. 
    • Posted

Laura type in Proffesor John Studd(it may be one D ).

my daughter I law suffered so badly she has had a hysterectomy and bingo all here termed symptoms gone,she is a new woman and has her life back!

you can have your hormones switched off for a few months as she did and it shows if this is your problem.

This man is amazing well worth paying to go and see him.

but it is also done / treated on the NHS my daughter in law went through the NHS I can't remember which hospital it was that has the PMS clinic it is one of the London Hospitals near the Thames ,you owe it to yourself to phone the Proffessors secretary to find out ,they will tell you where the NHS clinic is.

dont be put off by GPs who say its rubbish etc stick to your guns and say that you want referring.

good luck,and I am sure you will be happy again.

• Posted

Hey William oh really? Yeah think I'm going to ring doctors next week and just say about it all. It's not that my partner is probably sick of me being up and down all the time. Yeah London ain't to far I've got private healthcare aswell which I've been going to counselling funded by that. Just feel like any little thing ticks me off. 

Thank you so much for all your advice. 

• Posted

Check out the proffessor John Studd web site,he treats many well known people .

His  secretary is very helpful and will point you in the right direction.

good luck.

• Posted

Yeah most defiantly will. Thank you so much, but might stick to my guns and ring doctors. Cos can't keep doing this. 
  • Posted

Hi Laura, You could see Dr Panay at Queen Charlotte and Hammersmith hospital. I found out about him through NAPs. You can take bioidentical hormones for PMDD, without having a hysterectomy. This shuts off ovulation. I took it for 8 years and really helped. Also there is a new woman's clinic called SLAM : http://www.national.slam.nhs.uk/services/adult-services/femalehormoneclinic/

Good luck, you wont get much sympathy from Gp's or gynacologists, unless they've changed since ten years ago when i first went to my doctor about PMS!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.