Hormonal/menstrual links to LS

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I know a fair few of you are pre or post-meneopasal so this might not apply to you if you are newly diagnosed. 

But I've read that for many younger women the menstrual period is a real problem fro triggering LS and I'm looking for some info or input from ladies who experience this. 

I'm a lifelong diabetic so my periods took a few years to become regular and then when I started with birth control they really became irregular.  Because of this I *know* my hormones are totally out of whack. I'm not on BC now, or for the past few years. But when I do have periods or PMS.. I notice my LS flares up and there is pretty much nothing I can do to stop it or ease it. It's misery and the steroids dont work, the natural rememdies are very short lived releifs. 

So to me it's kinda obvious my LS is linked to my messed up peroids and hormones. IS there anything I can do about this to prevent the flare ups or make life easier?! A more potent steroid during pms flare ups?! Sorting out my hormones to be more 'regular' somehow? 

Anybody with some experience on this?!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I know that my main reason for getting a flare during my period has been down to the sanitary products I was using. I have recently switched to organic sanitary towels and tampons and this seems to have decreased my symptoms during my periods massively.
  • Posted

Hi Lauren, I know i'm late so you may not see my reply.

I'm 23 & was diagnosed with LS a little over a year ago.

I've noticed a few months ago that about a weed before my period was due and especially on my cycle, I would flare up too. The only thing that helps me is taking a warm bath and soaking in it for about 15 or 20m. I dont even add anything to the water and if I do , it's a little of baby oil or sometimes ill do a sitz bath if it's unbearable. While my skin is still damp, I apply a thin layer tacrolimus and put on some cotton underwear.

I'm glad to know someone else has linked their LS to their menstural cycle as well. I thought it was a bit odd myself 

• Posted

I have also been noticing this. Last month it started about a week and a half before my cycle. Nothing was really helping so I called the doctor and they called me in 2 pills for a yeast infection. That is what helped me. I am still trying to figure out if this is always LS or sometimes a yeast infection.

I have started reading into foods to help with hormone regularity.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.