Hormone gell

Posted , 7 users are following.

HI, I take 1 pump of hormone gell aday, could anyone till me , what would this be if I was on the patch thanks, how do people get on with the gel, I am 58 day 4

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Susan

It depends on what the dose is that you are taking. Is it over the counter or an Rx?

There are different dosages, I have a rx for divigel .05 mg. Packets that you open and put on your thigh..not taking it because just cant tolerate it.

x0x0x

• Posted

Mine is a pump gell, evorel, I think I am in uk, carrying on but bloated stomach coming
  • Posted

I’m on the patch I guess 2 months now .. it’s helped a little with the fatigue ... I was ready for bed at 4pm! Helped with the dizziness and anxiety .

Not  helped with depression fatigue .. I can barely stay up until 8 or 9 pm . Need 12 hours sleep to function .

Seeing a new dr who says creams are better than the patch so seeing her tomorrow 🙄 more money . 

• Posted

HI there , I use Estrogel 2 pumps daily . I have been using since I started hrt 2 years ago . I was on a higher dose but as symptoms became better have reduced the dose . 

I went to a private consultant and must say this changed my life - I got back to being my old self . I think it’s about right hrt , right dose & right gynaecologist ! 

Good luck 

• Posted

That’s such great news Shallah ! I love to hear positive stories before this nightmare I was always positive . I’m going to a new dr tomorrow .... let’s see if she can make me happy again!

I’m on the estrogen patch maybe it’s not ‘enough’ for me ?  It’s all about the RIGHT DOSE !!! 

• Posted

Can I also ask how many ml or mg’s You are on? Do you take progesterone too or testosterone ? 
    • Posted

Hi Lori , the gel is 80g , I take 2 squirts . Yes I am on progesterone, started with 7 days and now on 12 days to keep womb lining thin .i did take testerone in the beginning to lift my moods , however it was not that helpful & stopped shortly . My moods lifted with this right combination . Before that I had suffered many of the symptoms described by the ladies on this forum such as severe nausea , crippling anxiety , palpitations , lack of sleep , etc . It was hell . Anti depressants -suffered horribly with side effects .

Hrt has worked for me - at least I can work though I reduced my hours. You must get mammogram etc every 3 years but without hrt I was not me . It’s  a very hard phase that some women suffer with , I think there needs to be more training of GPs to recognise the symptoms and the nhs needs to support women like us more . Having said that I started privately and when my referral came through kept both nhs & private consultant on board . Finally had to make decision to go with nhs as I had no reason not to.

I want to share this as hrt was the last thing I wanted to be on. I was scared of side effects , that it wouldn’t work and so on but when you get to a stage when you can’t function you will try anything . I am not strong  like some of the ladies who keep going . I took the decision to go to someone  who was well known & he put me on hrt . I thank God for this . 

Take things slowly and seek dr s advice again & again until you are satisfied . All the best 

• Posted

Hi shallah 

Yes I’m trying again and again and again !

I’m getting really fed up ! The patch I’m on is helping me function but my moods are so low and I still get the fatigue but not as bad .

I just want to feel like myself and I don’t . I too didn’t want to go on BHRT but I couldn’t function . 

Yes and I couldn’t do the anti depressants the side effects were just too much .

You sound strong to me and the fact you’ve chosen a way to make your life better is a big move ! 

• Posted

Hi Shallah? 

Hi Lori!

So the estrogel is a twice a day for you 0.75 mg?

Thats a 1.5 mg a day. That sounds like a good dose.

Maybe this is why i wasnt better i was never prescribed enough.

I was given Divigel which is also bio identical like the estrogel, but 0.5mg once a day, so not enough perhaps?

Thanks so much for sharing. I might double up if i get my nerve up and see what happens if i do it for a week if i can tell anything.

Lori lets keep lookin until we get it right. We have a success story here.

I dont want to take progesterone as i feel creepy on it but i know its necessary for uterine health etc.

Shallah, how long post meno are you and what age are you aprox?

Thanks again

x0x0x

• Posted

Yes Maui we keep ‘trying’ and I will try the higher dose patch Monday . I also have a drawer full of creams and can tolerate the progesterone cream but not in patch form . 

My estrogen cream that I first started with  is 12.5mg 1click daily 0.1ml  ... i think that’s a low dose I’m confused with the mgs???? I tried it for 2 weeks and did nothing ? At least the patch eased some symptoms . 

• Posted

HI I am on that one white and blue pump, what would that mg be if you was a patch , I, e, 25mg patch ?

Would that be 1 or 2 pumps thanks

• Posted

So .25 and if you did 2 pumps I guess would be .5mg it’s all so confusing 
    • Posted

Hi Maui , I am 54 in September and am in peri ! Not hit menopause . Went to have a scan and ovaries are still functioning . I was started on hrt  because of my horrid peri symptoms . 

I am not sure about the mg , I have estrogel 80mg  gel & take 2 squirts . 

You do have to persevere until you get dose right and your symptoms settle . This means repeat visits to dr until you are happy . Tc 

• Posted

It’s like a matrix Shallah ! It could take years to find the right combo or you could just get lucky and it makes you feel great !

I’ve been on it 2 months and it’s been a rollercoaster of swapping and changing patches creams  ... I’m ready to just pull the plug and be a hermit until everything adjusts naturally 

• Posted

Thanks Shallah

I dont think that its quite easy however, as i have been at it for many moons, and no luck. I think sometimes we can get lucky and we find that professional that truly gets it right, and does the extra research combined with good intuition.

Then there are other ladies like yourself that simply take to the hrt.

We are a month apart in age, i just turned 54 few weeks ago.

Fully normal cycles unti age 52. 

I have very few of the classical sx like the vaginal dryness or hot flashes, none of that. Its all mainly mood, and adrenals.

Thanks again, good to hear positive outcomes for those lucky few.

x0x0x

• Posted

There is a good website i will email you about that compares all of the meds, and that is how i compared the divigel to the estrogel that shallah is on. Youve probably been on it.

It gives all of the classifications, doses, etc. 

What were you prescribed? 

xoxo

• Posted

iodine

is the place i go to when i need to do comparing of meds, and it shows all of the hrt.

im going to be asking mary- the practitioner i work with what isi the highest dose shes sgiven anyone? the thing is she isnt good at bhrt, the doc that worke with me prior knew a lot more and was the go to man for this stuff but 

he left to spain for a year on sabbatical.

talk soon

xoxo

• Posted

Thanks Maui trying to educate myself as much as possible ... just want to get through thi ms argh!!! 
    • Posted

Hi Lori, try the happy hormone cottage, I heard very good reviews on them, they're in the us and specialize in bhrt , they measure your hormones and make up exactly what your body needs, so no guessing... And I hear they work with your pharmacist near you to get your script to you , I've read about them but can't take hormones and not sure on the bios if I can take or not..worth a try

• Posted

Yes I had the bios from the compound pharmacy first of all it didn’t do anything for me but may go back on it and just up my dose . The patch is keeping me functioning albeit on a low level but making me so depressed . I can’t seem to win ... I’m either depressed and slightly functioning on the patch or completely exhausted all the time and dizzy off it . Had it !!!! 😡

• Posted

Oh man... Sounds like no matter what you do symptoms are with you hard, and not letting go... I can't take anything I have to go thru it natural, but if I could i think I would try something... That must be awful to be willing to try and be able to take something only to have none of it work, well either way the symptoms won't last forever they will ease up for you even if you have to go all natural you'll get thru... Hope you get some relief soon smile

• Posted

Ah thanks gypsy yes I can make it through life on the patch..... it’s easing some of the symptoms but the depression argh!!!  . I’ll give them a call ‘happy hormones ‘ that’s a funny name for everybody that’s so unhappy with hormones ! 
    • Posted

hi lori

I hope that switching to the cream at a higher dose is going to help if you start that regimen. Let me know how you go with that.

I know that hormones are just the same except the route of delivery might be different. Out of everything i guess i could say that the cream is probably the best although the dose is never very accurate this way..

Depression totally here with me today, and did not sleep much. 11pm - 5am, 3 days now...

we just keep on keepin on wink

x0x0x

• Posted

I know .... I’m sooooo down today it has engulfed me . Trying to shake it off but wow it’s a tough day ! 

Yes took patch off and now back to the cream 🙄 can’t stand all this . 

Hope you see some light today 🙏🏻 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.