Hormone imbalance? yeast? What’s wrong with me?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, very long post alert but im looking for advise from experienced people... Heres a little background story;.. about 9 months ago I found out I have HSV1-G during my first and only outbreak. It seems like since around that time, ive been itchy and irritated on and off. For months I thought it was my body adjusting to the virus but I finally got fed up and went to the doctor. Doctor told me herpes would not make me constantly irritated with no outbreaks.. and it turns out I had BV and a yeast infection.. I completed the treatment and didnt have much relief. I went back to the doctor about a month later but this time tested negative for the BV and Yeast? but i do remember that specific day I wasnt very irritated down there in general, (symptoms come and go) .. Tested negative for any additional stds..

Well now, it is better but still not normal. Since its been 9 months of irritation I have established a routine to minimize my symptoms: I use toiletpaper and laundry detergent made for sensitive skin, cotton only underwear (no more thongs), daily probiotics and multi vitamins, dont wear tight pants, dont ride a bike, dont shave down to the skin, and I use yeast infection cream for one night whenever I start to get itchy again, so usually I use it about once a week.. My doctors have been no help and I have to wait a long time to go back in.

Im starting to wonder if one of my medications is effecting my vagina. Im only 22 so its not menopause.. Im on: depo provera injection (5 years), levocetrazine (1 year), Adderall (2 years), Welbutrin (1 year).. Some additional new symptoms: very dry mouth. Frequent micro tares during sex and spotting after. and i always have dried up stuff on the outside skin of my vulva (picture below) not coming from inside me its coming from the pores around my vulva. I think it might be normal secreations but its clumping up? not sure but i didnt have it before.

I have no idea what to do anymore, my sex life is dying, my fiance has been supportive but its taking a toll on him too. I feel gross. I am worried because I want to have kids within the next few years but dont see that happening if its still like this. I know this isnt going to go away if I keep doing what im doing now. it seems like im alone.. Some of my symptoms kind of seem similar to menopause so thats why im thinking maybe I should get my estrogen checked? But also skeptical of yeast and bv since I tested positive the first time and yeast cream helps with my itching.. I know this is very situational but im hoping someone might have some ideas?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

was u given metronidiazole for bv also did u treat the yeast first then the bv

• Posted

i was given an oral fluconazole for the yeast, followed by 7 days of metronidiazole and then another fluconizole after

• Posted

curious because I'm having the same issues as you except no hsv1 and I'm not on medication. my doctor tried to prescribe me steroid cream and it hasn't helped either

• Posted

also my doctor did mention it could be hormonal. I'm currently breastfeeding and she said it could he due to fluctuating estrogen. last month i treated for yeast infection and the metrodinazle and I'm still having all the same symptoms as you even what you have in the picture

• Posted

Thats very interesting and good to know someone is experiencing something similar, even though I wouldnt wish this on anyone... so hormone changes can trigger ph unbalance? I might demand to have my levels checked

• Posted

the way she described it was that say you have something that throws your ph off.... everything is agitated etc. if you have a hormonal imbalance on top of that , you will have more issues because it can make the skin thinner with less natural lubrication. she told me to come back in a month of I'm still having issues and we can explore more if need be. I understand your frustration because it is truly awful feeling like this and not having clear answers or solutions

• Posted

it really is... Let me know how things go for you, if it doesnt go away!

• Posted

my bv wasnt caused by hormones it was my partners sperm and also using tampons as sperm and blood are different ph to the vagina i changed from tampons to pads also changed from thongs to cotton pants and changed my bath products to a ph balanced childrens soap i had bv 4 years as metronidiazole didnt work i also got pelvic inflammatory disease from it after 4 lots of antibiotics and iver the counter gels an pessarys failed i got given clindamycin cream for 7 nights not had bv for 6 months now glad to say im glad its gone ...using metronidiazole causes yeast infections when finishing the course i had 5 fluconazole tablets and it didnt get rid of the yeast problem i took probiotics for 5 months and havnt had any issues since

• Posted

im sorry you had to go through this. I dont have either of those infections anymore so im afraid something else is causing my problems. I have done a lot of those same changes to my life style that you have as well! how did you come to find out your boyfriends sperm was causing it? Did you realize on your own or can the doctors do a test for this?

• Posted

the doctor said sperm throws off the ph as different ph to the vagina also period blood has a different ph to so using tampons contributed aswel i dont have it nomore thank god

• Posted

just had another test done again to see if bv or yeast came back if not I'm asking them to test my hormones next week . I'll post back if anything comes of it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.