Hormone level bloods!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys, I'm new here!

So I was diagnosed with PCOS in June last year, confirmed by high levels of testosterone and androgen and also ultrasound scan. Me and my partner have been trying to conceive since January but no luck yet so I am now under gynaecology. To cut a long story short, they wanted me to have a day 2 and day 21 progesterone done but there's one problem, I don't have natural periods!! So I've taken norethisterone to induce a bleed and had my day 2 bloods done the other day. The results have come back showing normal levels apart from my oestrodial which said it was low at 89.... Does anybody know what this might mean? Have tried googling but it's not really helping!

Any help or advice is welcome thanks girls!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hannah,

To my knowledge your normal levels could main that particular cycle is “normal” the problem with our reproductive cycle is because it is a cycle any one thing can interfere with the next reaction. I would suggest having blood work done on a few cycles to determine if there is a normal trend sort of speak. Good luck. There are so much information out there to help get your body baby ready 😊

• Posted

Hi, 

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 18, one period a year if I was lucky, worse cramps ever. 15 years later I did some research and found a book on it from America, so ahead of us. 

Stated a low GI diet helps with the side effects of PCOS and a tablet Meteformin 500mg 3 times a day also helps. I’ve now got a 4 year old son! 

Good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.