Hormone sensitivity

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I have been struggling with atrophic vaginitis for 3 years. I had a stable period for about 2 years on Yuvafem. I then tried the laser treatments (after the first 2 I felt fine and continued on Yuvafem) . After the 3rd treatment I had a series of yeast infections, bladder infections and have tried different formulations of estrogen prescribed by my MD. I react to the formulations which included estrace, osphena, and intrarosa.

In the past 2 months, I was prescribed compounded estrogen. I have good days but also horrible days with bladder symptoms without infections. Has anyone experienced estrogen sensitivity?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have a few good days in a row and feel wonderful - then something happens and I'm back at square one.

So frustrating.

I had VA 10 years ago and Estrace vaginal cream cured me.

Now I'm 10 years older and the Estradiol (what I got instead of Estrace - too $$ I guess) and it didn't work.

Now I'm flailing around with vitamin e suppositories, estriol cream, etc. plus I have to watch the diet as I, also, have bladder issues plus burning.

• Posted

sorry to read of your frustrations chefblue. i had similar issues, the laser treatment did not work at all for me. have had positive results after consulting with a holistic doctor, she has focused on the cause rather than the symptoms. im now having success with probiotics, which has balanced the lymphatic system to prevent acidity leaking into the uterus from the lower intestine. may not be your issue, but just a suggestion for you. best of luck.

• Posted

Thanks MRIA18,

Can you tell me if there was a certain brand of probiotic? How long did it take to work? I was thinking about that since good bacteria could prevent some of my issues. Thanks for replying.

• Posted

certainly happy to share what ive learnt from her in just my first visit -

Gut Restore, fermented lemon drink; femex capsule, plus open the capsule and mix about 1/4 of the powder with about 1/2 teaspoon probiotic natural yogurt and apply externally at bedtime to the vag and labia area (never insert anything into the vagina as u dont want the uterus to absorb it, external is enough and will be absorbed)

she advised to increase OMEGA 7 intake. consider sea buckthorn (i havent yet), and medical grade liquid Kefir (i buy mine from woolworths, however im in queensland). she discussed good bacteria mitachondria, believe u find this in CoQ10, Alpha Lipoic Acid, & Acetyl-l-carnitive rich foods.

Soy products are eostrogen producing, but if youre looking to block eostrogen as some breast cancer her2 positive women are, then steer clear of soy

increase vit B6 for hormonal health which removes acid, im taking a tab called P5P

Ill be seeing her again end of may, looking forward to her next round of advice, as im already experiencing benefits

• Posted

HI MRIA,

I saved your correspondence, and was wondering if you ve seen any improvement with your symptoms after following the directions from your holistic DR.

Im experiencing great sensitivity to all forms of estrogen. My VA has greatly negatively impacted my urinary frequency and feelings of false UTIs All of this has negatively compromised daily living.

• Posted

hi Janie

i definitely think there has been some improvement. i have a follow up appointment with her later this month. i thoroughly recommend investing the time and effort in finding a holistic Gp. i saw a usual type of gp last week for general reasons and chose her because her resume online said her specialty was hormonal issues, menopause etc. Mentioned my meno symptoms and she wanted to give me a script for antidepressants!! i was horrified, i feel sorry for women who feel intimidated by doctors and accept their opinion as being the only option, scarey.

good luck Janie, let me know how you get on

• Posted

Yes started on Vagifem pess by doc for dryness fine for 12 months then started having cystitis and urine problems no infections.Felt I was always at Doctors.Told me to try Estriol cream made me pass urine loads doc said thats a side effect not good always feeling like I needed to pass water soooo diliberating then told just rub it around vulva this made me itchy and sore gave up on that too now use hormone free Yes lubricant orVagisan now body needs estrogen but does not seem to agree with mine.Just keep plodding on .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.