hormone suppositories and side effects

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I have been on here before to talk about external itching down below, I went to see my ob/gyn yesterday and he recommends that I start using hormone suppositories, I am not a fan of anything hormone related, because of possible side effects, could I have some positive and or negative feedback on this issue...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Judy! I had Sahara-dry vag for about 2 years and one month ago started on oral bio identicals. Estradiol and Progesterone. The dryness has already gone. I has all but stopped the hot flashes/night sweats. I just could not take it anymore the way my body was reacting to loss of hormones and after serious thought, I decided I'd rather get my life back now and deal with the consequences, if there are any, when the time comes. I feel like they've made me overly emotional but that's nothing I can't learn to control or hopefully, my body/mind will get used to it and I'll get on an even keel. So for the most part, I offer this as positive feedback. I tried all kinds of otc herbal remedies and nothing worked for me. Just wasted my hard-earned money. Do lots of research and find what you think you'd like to try. I don't trust doctors very much. I did not have itch but the dryness felt like there was something up inside so I used Luvena (Lube/moisturizer) in a tube a few times and that relieved it but only temporarily. I hope you find something good that works for you. Hugs!

• Posted

Judy,

Vaginal hormones do not act the same as oral hormones. They have very little absorption into the blood stream. They're especially for your tissues. I use estrace cream 2x a week, more if I need it. I have a history of family breast cancer and my own issues with fibroids and so far zero issues. Vagifem and Estrace has been deemed safe even for ppl with cancer. You shouldn't feel any affects besides your dryness and itching subsiding. But keep in mind it's not a quick fix, you'll need to stick with it for a while.

Good Luck

p.s. what kind did he give you?

• Posted

I have not recieved the script yet, I am hesitant thank you for your response.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.