Hormones went nuts ended up having fluid in my Fallopian tubes :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Ladies!

I am def in peri and for the last 6 months Ive been feeling depressed, periods all over the place and just not myself. This added to the craziness. Just wanted to share. Ive had pain on my right side for 6 months. Went in and they said I was in peri for sure and looked like I had a large cyst and to watch and wait. I never had these symptoms before. My doc said the fluctuation of hormones can cause cysts so they wanted to put me on low dose of birth control pills but since I smoke cigarettes 5 cigs a day not packs lol I couldn't so we just watched and waited.

I would get hot flashes, anxiety trembling sometime I would have to leave work I felt so bad. I finally went in again and the cyst they thought had grown to 5cm and I needed laparoscopic surgery. Come to find out my ovaries were fine my right fallopian tube was fulled with fluid . I had my tubes tied 8 yrs ago and at some point the clamp on the right side came off, with my hormones and periods being out of wack it caused my Fallopian tubes to fill with fluid and a cyst. They took out the Fallopian tube .

As soon as I woke up although in small bit of pain I felt normal again; The anxiety is gone no more hot flashes as of now. Just wanted to share with you all. I know I am in peri but I do think what I was experiencing aggravated my symptoms . I am going to try and stop smoking so I can try the bc pills.

I really appreciate this forum and knowing I am not alone on this journey. We will make it through this time!! xo 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

DeeDee im glad you are feeling much better. I know what you mean about something else could aggravate the symptoms. Last year my anxiety hit the roof but as soon as i got my iud taken out it decreased and shakiness stopped as soon as she pulled it out.

Again, im glad you are better and i am rooting for you deciding to try to stop smoking.☺

• Posted

Hi deedee.  I’m so glad you are feeling better. No get cysts on my ovaries too now and wonder if it is causing my symptoms to be worse.  When I stopped smoking, it was a long time ago, but I used the patch for about 10 days and then cinnamon sticks and blow pops.  You can do it!
  • Posted

That’s great news. I’m in peri-just start HRT-I didn’t tell my doctor that I smoked because I knew she wouldn’t prescribe it. I was feeling CRAZY. Night sweats and all the other crazy symptoms. Taking the HRT is worth the risk to me. My mental health is more important to me at this moment 
    • Posted

LOL oh I know I think sometimes I smoke to distract myself! Im trying to quit Im done to just a few a day. My mom was shocked they wouldn't give it to me she said she smoked all the way through HRT. How much do you smoke a day? Glad your feeling better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.