Horrendous!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Like many others suffering from deep depression i would not wish the condition on anyone. For me personally it has got to the stage where i think about different problems from when i awake until

i go to sleep usually in the early hours. I am usually mute everyday and cannot face anything at all away from this sad isolated existence. I am on antidepressants ( CITILOPRAM) which i was originally given for anxiety. I have been back to the doctors today which was a real effort who suggested i go from 10 mg to 20 mg. I don't intend to up the dose as i think i believe they make depression worse. I feel i just don't want to live anymore and in total despair. My family feel like strangers to me etc.

SO SO LOST. Sorry to write so confusingly

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

oh james, i wish i could wave a magic wand to make you feel good! depression is a nasty illness, mine got really awful last year because i was so ill last year, i threatened to take my life at one point. i don't what your worries are but have you spoken to someone about those? don't up your citalopram, go for a different 'natural' antidepressant like mindjfulness, yoga, pilates or any PHYSICAL exercise of your choosing. i chose life after last year and spoke to a counsellor about what was really bothering me it is going to take some time but physically my health has improved. good luck to you but say no to antidepressants they don't do you any good.

• Posted

It is truly a horrible thing to have. I too wish i had a magic wand and sometimes i even pretend it is just a bad dream just to feel some relief. Happy for you that you are better than last year. Keep going as they say

• Posted

same to you, you keep fighting don't let anyone tell you anything else. do what is right for you nobody else.

• Posted

hi james, yes i too suffer from depression, anxiety and also anerexia.. have had this for so many years. wont go into the ins or outs but i never would leave the house and often thought what is the point. it really drives you to the point of despair.

after many, many councelling treatments i have found someone who i talk to weekly and he deals with lots of health and mental issues. its CBT therapy and of course i was very sceptical but after so many years suffering this wonderful councellor is making my life better in mind and body. i still have a long way ro go but i can see a future. he is not cheap but it is so worth it. i could not afford this but am lucky my family help and listen i am not young nearly 49. dont waste any more rime and please seek some help because i can tell you life is too short and you still have so much more living to do. i am still on setraline and that did help me, was on 100mg but now have lowered to 50mg.. they dont always agree with people but please fo back to your doctotrs and get a referral and talk to a professional. if you need any more info i would gladly help you and i wish you all the best just remember one small step at a time. my head uses to buzz around with a million things going on 24 7 but i have learnt to just carry 5 things around and write a list of things which i need to do each day. i hope this helps x

• Posted

Hi I am sorry you are feeling so bad. Increasing your meds shouldn't make your depression worse, in fact it can have the opposite effect.

I take sertraline and 100 mgs didn't do anything for me. When the dr increased it to 150 the difference was amazing. It is your choice though. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.