Horrendous fissure or pile?? Now cured!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had an awful pain after having had a large bowel movement over 6 weeks ago. This movement caused an anal fissure and caused a pile. It put me in  a very depressive mood as every time thereafter I dreaded going to the toilet. When I did my fissure just split and  bled and the initial pain was bad. To top it all I had an internal pile also which did the exact same!

I did some research and most off it pointed to high fibre diet and drinking plenty fluids. So I did..... The result was initially worse as I was going to the toilet 4 times a day. I read with interest a colorectal surgeons standpoint that your PRIORITY here was to allow the fissure to heal and not to pack yourself up with endless fibre. 

So..... I continued, on his advice and cut back on the 'lots off fibre' theory and took just a little bit off fibre and drank plenty off fluids. I was having one bowel movement a day usually first thing in the morning which allowed 24 hours healing before the next.

My only advice to you all is BUY DRIED PRUNES. BUY PHYSILLIUM HUSK CAPSULES. BUY ANUSOL. DRINK FLUIDS CONSTANTLY. EXERCISE. HAVE BATHS FOR THE TIME OF HEALING. It friggin works. It takes a good few weeks but it works!! Your day should be like this. 

Get up, go to fridge chew 4 prunes downed with water (as prunes are a bit sweet... Remember you don't have to love prunes... Your trying to heal). Take 3 psyllium husk capsules. Have your coffee. Coffee brings on a movement. Once movement has been done insert anusol for the day. Get on with your day as normal. At lunch time buy dried mango, raisins, apple... Anything other than chocolate and crisps.... Remember your trying to assist the healing process. Drink fluids. If your in your home have a couple off your prunes. You don't have to worry about your dinner but I always ensured there was either sweet corn, beans or broccoli as part off that. Big glass of water to wash it down. Before you go to bed take 3 psyllium husk capsules, 4 prunes and a glass off water.

I CANNOT EMPHASIZE ENOUGH THAT YOU PERSEVERE AND DONT CONSUME THAT MUCH FIBRE YOUR GOING 3 TO 4 TIMES A DAY. That may be great once the fissure/ pile is healed but not when your trying to heal it.  You want to get to one movement a day and no more than two. Go when your body tells you to go and once done get up and use a wet wipe. Don't ever strain even when having a pee!! 

In a few weeks you'll have a movement and think...god that wasn't as bad ( still sore but not as sore) then it'll go completely!!! Trust me!!

Only today I cancelled my doctors appointment as I no longer need it! 

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Thank you so much for sharing and give me hope. That is what I am doing. Eating healthy, keeping my stool soft without bunches of fiber, going only in the mornings.

Still extremely painful but very sft and fast, so that helps.

I will go back to my Anusol.

Will let you know.

• Posted

Keep using the anusol. The body WILL heal cuts but it's the place where it's at that's the problem. When your passing a bowel movement, and this sounds ridiculous, try pressing in against the fissure so your not allowing the stool to stretch it too quickly. That involves reaching down with one hand and pushing in at the buttock. Also when the stool is about to come out don't just let it rush out in the one go. Try and take it back up then slightly out then back up. You can also use the power off your anal muscle to sort off "clip" it so it comes out in bits!! I know you know what I mean! But you MUST eat prunes. You MUST drink water at every meal and you MUST take a bath instead off a shower. Excercise can be merely a walk. Anusol in after your first vowel movement and last thing at night. 
  • Posted

I pray that your fissure heals quickly!  When I was diagnosed over 28 years ago, they had nothing at that time to alleviate pain or even give any suggestions on how to avoid getting another.  If it doesn't go away or continues to bother you,  I highly suggest surgery.  It saved my life and my sanity!  Truly!  Best of luck for a fast and full recovery!!!
    • Posted

Thankyou. It really is a mess trying to get it sorted but it has gone now and I don't intend for it to return. In a kind off funny way it has taught me to take on more water and that a little fibre goes a long way! I walk my dog and I go out running! I will never allow myself to get constipated or strain again! NEVER
  • Posted

Nice to hear about your healing. Mine is a chronic anal fissure which requires laser treatment. The doctor told me it will not heal on its own as the fissure is big. On my 9th day now and pain free. I still stick to my diet of fruits and veggies only. No meat except fish. Prunes and oats in the morning. Im taking fybogel in the afternoon and duphalac before going to sleep. When i go...its really soft and a little oily. Im also taking flax seed oil. Sitz bath 3 times a day. I guess i need to stick with this one for couple of months still, just to make sure its completely healed because as what many has said in the forum, there is always a tendency it would flare up.
    • Posted

Good to hear it! It really does concentrate the mind to good bowel health.... Which to be fair.... Is one off the most important parts off the body! 
  • Posted

Hi.. Just came across this forum.. I can't explain how glad I am to heat I'm not the only one suffering from this!! Not that I wish it on anyone else!! Sincerely thank you for the advice.. much needed 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.