Horrendous nausea on propranolol

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi, desperate for some advice.  I've been on propranolol for migraines on and off for the last 3 years, 80mg slow release. I've bee not off it for over a year and just went back on it last Thursdayas migraines are bad again. I've always gotten on really well win the drug, but since Thursday night I've bee not a wreck.  I've got 24/7 nausea that's really bad, I feel the most anxious and scared feeling constantly, I've got a constant migraine in the background and have constant dizziness, the nausea and anxiety in the pit of my tummy is terrifying me.  I feel like I e got some sort of stomach bug .  Has anybody else experienced this? Is it the propramolol? Will it get better? Usually I feel quite calm and good on them and they take the headache away, I'm also sweating all the time and freaking out. Any advice? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Which one did you take previously and which one are you taking now?

I doubt it's the propranolol making you feel anxious as it's designed to calm anxiety by blocking the adrenaline receptors.

• Posted

Hi Rosemary, it was inderal before and noticed brand is now bedranol but still 80mg slow release, I agree about the anxiety it doesn't make any sense at all, I just feel so horrendous, sick and panicky it's so strange.
    • Posted

Hi Maria

I thought you might have been on Inderal before...... I was too. I had no problems at all with it and it did last the full 24hrs!!!!

I think you would do better to ask for Beta-prograne SR 80mg. This is another one that is slow release propranolol and is superior to Bedranol.

Bedranol seems to give a big hit of propranolol quite quickly and then runs out much tombstone which is why you might be getting the "anxiety" type feelings.

Beta-prograne, although not as good as Inderal is now the better of the two which replaced Inderal.

Let me know what you think. And if you decide to take Beta-prograne let me know how you getting with it.

Have you experienced any heart thumping since being on bedranol??

Best wishes

Rose x

• Posted

That's really interesting, thank you I'll ask the Dr if they can change it. I haven't had heart thumping but just extremely strong sickness and dizzy with this panicked feeling, I'm not usually panicky so it's really thrown me, I'm on day 6 so thought I'd be feeling better by now, I usually get on fine with them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.