horrendous pain in eye

Posted , 8 users are following.

i have just had the most horrendous pain in my right eye, it was so bad i started sweating, has anybody else had this.

Yesterday i got a trelephone call from a NHS call centre regarding my visit to the doctors with the pain i was getting in my neck.

she asked various questions and said the hospital physio will write to you to arrange a time for your physio, i explained what was wrong, and she seemed to think it was not what i required, but said this is what your doctor has asked for.

What i want to know is when i go the hospital can refuse treament if i think it will do me more harm than good, i know after five years some say i have PMR others say its RA, i know its hard to tell whats what, but if you have RA do you get any of these symptoms i am getting, as its like talking to a brick wall to my doctor. She is good, but i believe she does not know much about pmr like the other doctor i saw.

My bloods have been <5 - <6 for the last three blood tests, this is one of the reasons the doctor said i have not got PMR, but why am i getting all this pain in my neck, shoulders, and arms.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I have been getting severe sharp pain in both eyes for the last few months. It does not last long, but just comes out of the blue. I have had eyes tested. Nothing found. My sight is OK except for a few floaters. I am down to 6mg and was told I would suffer from weird things while going down. Another weird thing is the painful needle pricks in all sorts of places on the body. Blood tests are nothing in comparison

• Posted

I have increased my nightly pred from three to five for a f ew days then will reduce , funny when ihad my last blood test it hurt like hell, and normally i dont fell a thing, weird and wonderful pred, but were would we be without it.b

• Posted

I know - it is a constant fight when they don't listen. Blood markers being normal means you are on enough pred to keep them low - but you can start to flare before they rise. Some people's tests never rise again when they are on pred - it is just so.

If you have that sort of pain again call 111 and ask for advice - or even 999 and expalin. There are various things that could cause pain like that and some are emergencies. But otherwise, why not make an appointment with your optometrist (a proper optician who can examine your eyes and do certain tests, not just dispense specs). Boots, Vision Express and Specsavers can all offer those tests and so can many independent opticians.

• Posted

Eileen can i reduce back to 3mg after three days at the moment night is 5mg

hope you and OH are keeping well.

• Posted

My blood markers have always been 'perfect'........ My new doctor likes to point out with a suspicious lingering look. 😃. I know we have to have a deep and meaningful talk about my health when I get back from holiday. I keep putting it off.

• Posted

I like that Flutterbie. Nurse told me to come back in the month of my birthday but she didn't say which year and a year has gone past since she said it!! Oops.

• Posted

My current rheumy accepts normal levels - but he did spot that while MY personal normal is low single figures, I had bumbled along at 16-18 for my ESR while I was in hospital for a few weeks and for a few weeks after. No-one would have picked that up in isolation - and hadn't for years and years. Now I have relatively easy access to my historical readings since being here via my GP - and come the autumn I will get an access code to go online myself, can't have mine until I'm an italian pensioner!

• Posted

After 42 and a bit years of contributions, at the age of 67 and (as of next month) when your age plus the years of contributions totals to 100.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.