Horrible acid reflux, chest pain,etc.

Posted , 12 users are following.

The last time I posted on here I was actually encouraging you that it will get better because I was doing so much better for a while. For the past two weeks leading up to what would have been a period but no period..Ive been having so much issues with my digestion. I think the last time it's been this bad is when I started all of this back in 2017. But it seem to be even worse. I don't know what could have led up to this. I have a hiatial hernia, and gerd. I was lifting weights prior to these severe symptoms returning. so I dont know if this is what caused it. My chest hurts, the pain radiates in chest, burps, acid reflux, bloated, constipated, lack of appetite, heart palps, hot flashes and a weakness that comes over that I can't describe , the feel of something in my throat and air hunger. Last week I was mainly nausea and chest pain. I have been under a tremendous amount of stress with my daughter health going back and forth to.drs. All of these symptoms at one time.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

hi i am 59 have a small hernia sliding one , i have the feeling of air in the top of my chest , cough quite abit , sick now and again alldepends.what i eat and that isnt much , had to cut lots of food out, feel.hot all the time and internal vibrations, have a inhaler to take but dosent helps, i also try antihistamines , do you have a crackerling sound like popping when you breath , on pantoprazole 2 aday , going for a stomache scan october ,

• Posted

Susan I have a sliding hotel hernia also..it hasn't bother me in a while until now. I get the vibration inside too..i just want it to stop!! I've never cough before until now ..is why I think i may have aggravated it from lifting weighs. No I don't get the crackling sound when I breath. Im also passing tons of gas. Im worried ( in which I know that's not helping any) wondering if it's from the hernia. Why are you getting a stomach scan done?

• Posted

because i have had camera down inside , only showed hernia, but i keep being sick with lots of food , sometime all i have to do is bend down over toilet and i am sick, they said mite have gallstones, are you on any medication

• Posted

no im not on meds because when it first started in 2017 onset of peri..i got it under control and it has been on and off. but nothing to the extreme like this. Im so weak and fatigue..OMG!! im noticing I get really weak and start burping and afterward a hot Flash. I've tried everything..nothing is helping.

• Posted

about 2 months ago , but had eating trouble for about 6 years, have ibs to,

• Posted

Hi Mary,so i too get reflux !have done since my mum died(stress induced-was admitted to hosp.with chest pains ).nothing cardiac was found but my symptoms improved with indigestion medicine(gaviscon and proton pump inhibitor -omeprazole ).i have to watch my diet -no bread which took me along time to get use to/give in to cos I love the stuff.Spicy food can cause trouble but I just can't give that up!!!Eating alot late at night will cause trouble too.My symptoms stayed when i lost weight .The chest pains sound alot like stress to me and some sort of relaxation exercises may help.I have heard of weight lifters getting reflux but whats done is done.try and take some time out if you can just for you .

• Posted

hi phoebe

how long have you had it for? Do you get it every day? Its horrible! Ive had it for about seven months!

• Posted

I try not to take the Prontons or too many antacid because the last time the doctor prescribed it it made me worse. It pulled out all my electrolytes..im very cautious of those because overtime they can be bad for you. I try natural things to help and eat I my diet. I was not tryi g to lose weight because i was already small now I'm too small. We're you trying to lose weight?

• Posted

Hi can i ask before you started getting symptoms again, what you do to keep symptoms at a minimum. Did you change your diet after being diagnosed with a histus hernia?

• Posted

yes I did change my diet and in the process I lost so much weight and can't gain any back. I assume from the digestion issues and hormones.

• Posted

hi, Mary

I am going through menopause you said change your diet what did you start eating. I need help because I be burping alot my stomach be feeling sick. I get bloating after everything I eat I get this burning feeling in my left arm.

• Edited

Omg i could of wrote this. For the past week i have been experiencing everything you wrote. Today things lightened up with just diarrhea which i was grateful for because i haven't gone in about a week. I wanted to have a celebration on the toilet believe it or not. My stomach feels alot better since i have gone. Just remember you are not alone. Hugs

• Edited

Are you serious Sally? I was so constipated until it brought. tears trying to use it. Afterward I started to feel better and passing tons of gas. I made a dr appt tomorrow but now im hesitant to spend $100 for a office visit since im feeling better now. Especially hearing your story.. In my youngum days I may have prayed for a BMW..but now I only pray for a bm. Peri and getting old is no joke!😀

• Posted

Hi Mary, boy oh boy these symptoms hugh! I would say most likely has nothing to do with you lifting your weights, as long as your not trying to pump some crazy amount of weight that your body can5 handle.. But little 1 to 5 pound dumbbells I would think along with some yoga and meditation should be good for you and your body.. Rather your more likely having a flare up of your gerd, and hormones can definitely making it all worse.. And because your body is trying these past 2 weeks to have a period, that would be your hormones dancing all over the place again and flaring up your already existing conditions.. The digestion issues can be a hassle for sure , and boy do I remember the air hunger and can't catch that deep breath.. All from whatever I ate and the palpatations with it all from whatever was just eaten.. Air food would get trapped way up high , causing me to feel like I couldn't breathe, then I would belch a lot and would sort of help to relieve it a bit.. It felt like a balloon filling up with air lol very uncomfortable, also can't even wear bras anymore for fear of that restriction , only if going somewhere and need them to be perky and in place, otherwise a bout a bunch of camis yoga pants and sweats and live in them ha ha , seriously whatever's comfortable without feeling tight .. You probably already are but well you know tums hot tea, 7 up fizzy drinks to help burp more, should all help, other than that not much you can do as you know until hormones settle of trying to have that period, and flare up of gerd slowly goes away.. Hope you get relief soon..❤

• Posted

Hi Gypsy..so good to hear from you. My last conversation with you I was doing so well..i knew it was just too good to be true. At least it was good while it lasted. I even manage to get 3 trips in for the summer, and road trips at that. That's just how well I've been feeling. Yes I agree I think the gerd flared up, it's starting to get a bit better. I wished that I could do yoga or meditate right now but my body is on such a wired up speed I can't even relax. I'm having the shakiness, internal tremors, and mind constant racing. But evenings everything calms down. I usually fall asleep around 6 right on top of my bed and stay there all night.Im at the Dr office right now. Im so frustrated with my weight. I can't gain any weight at all. It's so depressing..I don't lime the way I look at all. Do you think the Dr can give me something to help with the weight? Will keep you posted.

• Posted

Hi Gypsy 014.

I have just read your post and I'm so glad I did because for the past 2 weeks I have had severe bloating,acid reflux that has woken me up,chest discomfort and the need to cough. For the past year or more my periods have been hit and miss my last one being july so your saying about your hormones jumping about around your period time whether it comes or not makes perfect sense I just hope all that I'm feeling is just that !!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.