Horrible anxiety and depression starting an online business

Posted , 2 users are following.

I decided to sell online last Autumn, first on Etsy then on Ebay, at start I thought I would enjoy it, I watch a lot of YouTube videos for advice, and they make it sound so easy, but I been finding it hard to deal with anxiety, I get more anxiety selling online than I do working offline, it was more of wanting to do something different from the offline work I do, but even though I get anxious I get curious to try more, I did take a break once, but it didn't really help..

Currently I use the dropshipping method where a wholesale supplier ships for me and a print on demand company works with me for Etsy.

Everytime I make a sale, I get really anxious, it feels silly I guess, but I can't help it, no matter what I do, I can't calm down.

Anxiety and feeling really down, the orders do get shipped in time, once I know that the anxiety levels go down and also since its manually, I always have to ensure I'm not out of stock and other stuff, I haven't had any bad reviews yet, I always test them first and I don't sell anything that would hurt anyone or their property, although electricals etc. are safe and tested, I follow the rules by those companies and keep record for accounting.

There were times where a courier would fail to send orders, or send it late to a customer which would then give me anxiety especially when I get a message, these usually happen around Christmas, none of them were angry.

Even message about a product would start to give me anxiety when I receive one, even though it's just a question, I do answer carefully.

I have done a lot of mistakes this month, like entering the address wrong and forgetting to record my sales for accounting.

A part of me just wants to give up and not bother but another part still wants to carry on, I get feelings of feeling unmotivated at times, sometimes I wonder why bother.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

it takes a while for any new business to get going, Where you feel really comfortable. Give it some time. Ride the waves with it and know that in the beginning it’s OK to feel a little anxious. As long as it doesn’t take over. Realize that everybody makes mistakes. Everybody! I don’t care what business it is. I’ve seen doctors make mistakes, etc. it’s

Those little errors are just a part of any business and everybody does it. Keep reminding yourself of that. Don’t let the little things throw you off completely and don’t overthink this.

Give your business some time and you may just find that eventually it’ll just roll along and you’ll be able to take the ups and downs. Much easier. Every business has ups and downs.

good luck with your business!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.