Horrible chest pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Horrible chest pain sounds bad I know. I've suffered with reflux problems now for a few years.recently most symptoms have been dormant due to nexium. I started taking a tablet every couple of days. Yesterday I tried a couple of cheese sandwiches with mayo. Half an hour later I had this horrible chest pain accompanied with acid. I had a horrible night and today a dull pain top left of my chest and left side. This morning I burped about 200 times before that started to lessen even tho I've had a dull pain all day......there is a little demon telling me it's my heart but because I've had this before my brain tells me it isn't. Could a couple of cheese sandwiches cause all this discomfort????  No other symptoms apart from what I've described today.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

There is no reasoning with Reflux. No 2 days were ever the same, I found.  I lived with it for years, and although I had some triggers, these could and would change and vary.

It is always wise to check any chest pains. All to easy to just put them down to Reflux. You need an understanding GP who wont mind how many times you have an ECG... 

I suffered for years with Reflux and chest pains became almost constant. I had surgery 2 weeks ago and have only had chest pain once since then, which was when I tried mashed potato instead of soup!! 

Good Luck. You will find this site informative with many people having first hand experience of Reflux

• Posted

Thanks Hilary..its good to talk about it sometimes..wow..mash potato.i don't know what's worse.it causing you problems or getting it mixed up with souo..haha...thanks for your advice.

• Posted

Hey, I too have chest pains, and when they are really bad I know that my food will be coming up soon and I had betterhave the barf bag ready.  It  is hard to tell what triggers the pains, so just pay attention and you will soon learn,, whether it is cheese or water.  I had nissen surgery almost two years ago and my wrap has slipped so am having it removed next month, let's hope that takes care of the chest pain and vomiting.

Just be persistent with your doctor, you have to because they may blow you off a little bit.  Best of luck...

• Posted

Hey Stevie,

Could it be the cheese?? dairy??  or maybe even the bread??  food can cause indigestion so I would recommend keeping an eye on what you are eating and if it makes your heartburn worse.  I was in the ER 2x over the summer thinking i was having a heart attack.  It was reflux.  Dairy, for me , is a big no-no.  Doctors are quick to throw meds at you when in reality it could really be diet related...and that is so easy to fix with no side effects.  Good luck!  Chest pain is not fun and very unnerving.  I hope you get to the bottom of it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.