horrible experience of something

Posted , 3 users are following.

Urgh so I got really freaked out I had the gut instinct of something going wrong I then got severe tiredness and oh my god I mean I felt too tiered my breathing started fading in and out after 2 hours of it and then I had sever shaking of the legs like a fit I actually felt like I was dieing I then was told by my partner to rest my head on him when I did I fell asleep shaking I then slept from 8 on the night until 8 this morning I have never ever exerperienced anything like it it's so hard to believe it could even be anxiety my brain and body felt empty and I felt so unreal and I was even starting to accept it was It .

today u had sever nausea my friend suggested I may be pregnant so I went to buy a test but I can't I couldn't buy the test incase I was and I'm suffering what ever this is I would be even more scared then shopping today I felt my breathing fading out again catch breathe / warm air I ignored it told myself to stop been silly and carried on which was good right ? But then 2 hours after this my right side for 4 hours now has a stitch like pain in it I thought it was because of constipation but I no longer have that so it isn't that it's in my rib aswell not stomach so here I go again with nausea and in pain 😦.

There is nothing that's actually making me feel better and I'm petrified what happened last night happens again because I have had a million panic atatck and that last night very much felt it was 100% NOT and never in my life has a panic atatck made me go into a deep sleep sat up not even remember that I fell asleep either .

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Is it possible you may have simply picked up a bug? and its not anxiety at all.
    • Posted

Maybe but I have quite a bad immune system I get colds ect a lot I have never experienced anything like this before although it is possible just hard to believe something could make me feel the way I did and me still been here today I actally felt so weak I was certain I wasn't going to make it thanks for your reply xx
  • Posted

Dear Steph

One word comes immediately to mind. PANIC!

The actual experience you had of going to sleep, then waking up and not remembering is commonplace. It happens to me nearly every day. One minute I'm wide awake watching TV in a sunny room, and the next thing I wake up in pitch dark at 5am and can't even remember what I was watching.

The more I analysed it to fill the memory gap, the more anxious I became which in turn worsened the occurence of the problem. Now when it happens I just accept it, and carry on as if nothing happened.

Reading your post makes it clear that your mind is lurching all over the place today, and you are susceptible to every single thought that enters it. A friend says you might be pregnant so immediately your reaction is rush out and buy a test kit. You can see that this is not reasoned or rational thinkning.

I'm sure you know yourself extremely well and what works for you, but it's definitely time for a deep breath, find your centre, and focus on the here and now. Speculation will be of no help to you.

Whatever has worked before to help you remain calm, make yourself do it even if you are feeling agitated. Don't let the tail wag the dog. Get control of your thoughts again and line them up in order. All of the symptoms you have experienced today are anxietal in nature and it's clear you have become increasingly panicky.

Don't catastrophise. Things will return to 'normal' if you try to let go a little and stop analysing too much.

God Bless, and best wishes.  :-)

• Posted

Oh my you're words are so perfect in a way I can actually understand and yes I did jump to buying a test which has taken over my whole day worried about it too ! I know I jump to things and I rather not step out the comfort zone to help myself and I wish I could have more of a mind that would think things through slowly instead if jumping to one conclusion to tell next again I write this but still thinking what if I am pregnant crazy !

Thank you so much I will screen shot this to re read it when I feel weird again xx

• Posted

That's the spirit.

You knew it all along, but simply had a lapse which happens to us all. Sometimes we just need someone to shake us back into normality because our day would otherwise become like a daydream of uncontrollable and scary thoughts.

Good on you girl!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.