Horrible headaches and neck pain

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm having a horrible time right now with bad neck pain - generally on one side and then spreading from one side to the other - like a red hot poker being brushed against my skin and then a horrid tension headache.  I've had the neck ache for about 6 weeks now and the headache for a week.  Just having a really bad day and I've got to go out tonight and all I want to do is curl up and go to sleep.  Has anyone suffered like this - I'm now getting really low about it

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I get neck ache but it's an ache like a pulled muscle or something, I get it for about a week before period then for the first couple of days or so, stops, then starts again after ovulation x
  • Posted

HI Sophie

It could be hormonal but also neck pain can easily cause headaches. And neck pain itself can also come from stress/tension holding too much tension in your trapius or upper back muscles. I have this sometimes and physio/ chiropractor can really help.

• Posted

I just went through this last week with a side of anxiety attacks too. I went to the e.r. twice last week because if this and they gave me hydroxyzine HCl to rake daily. Well who new that my migraines and right side of my neck pains were both due to anxieties! The first pill they gave me in the e.r . and I have been taking one daily (although it says 3 x's daily) I've only had to take it once daily and all three symptoms are completely gone!
    • Posted

Brilliant to hear - thank you for commenting.  Still have headaches but seems to be easing thank goodness.  Can't do anything and I'm moving house - could be an anxiety I'm not aware of!  Have a good day x
  • Posted

I had neck problem early peri.

Driving was awful every time I had to look left and right and grinding sounds like I needed oiling.

Neck troubles do give you headaches.

Mine went off for several years then came back for a while later on close to the end of periods. At this point it wasn't so often but I'd wake up with it painful in the mornings wearing off as the day progressed.

I had one really bad day with it after that last year where I couldn't turn my head and took paracetamol all day but was better the following morning.

• Posted

Thank you - it's horrid and hardly slept last night but today it seems to be easing off.  It's a relief as so debilitating and the neck pain is still there but not so intense.  Really don't want this one to keep coming back x
  • Posted

Sounds like a pinched nerve..call your doctor. I have a broken neck and a bad lower back from an accident. Your simptoms sound like stuff I have had in the past and still live with. Get help. Those headaches will drain your body and mind. Good Luck
    • Posted

Thank you - I know and am waiting apt with my consistently unhelpful doctors.  It is draining - am seeing a cranial osteo which should help fingers crossed
  • Posted

yes, as a matter of fact I'm suffering like that right now. My neck has been just like you described for a couple of months. This is day 3 with the severe headache. I've had upset stomach, and my teeth and jaws hurt too. 
    • Posted

It's just hell - my head is still splitting - day 5 now and it just won't go and pills don't really do anything.  Not enjoying myself right now.  Hope you feel better soon x
    • Posted

thanks sophie, mine is a lot better today. hope you get better soon too! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.