Horrible mornings that improve during the course of the day

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been on Prozac for about 24 days, and this week the anxiety has been so awful i cannot function and sit and cry all morning.... i do get better throughout the day, but the mornings have been so brutal!! my husband is beside himself with worry about me thinking this is all not normal and wanting to go back to the psychiatrist to talk to him about it. Neither one of us understand why i really had no side effects when i first started on the medication 17 years ago, and why the side effects are so bad now..... i am taking the brand name Prozac, 20 mg each day in the am. I am also taking inderal ( beta blocker) to help with the anxiety, and it does help, but my god am i getting frustrated!! Ill have 1 good day, 1 bad day, its like im on a roller coaster..... someone please help me ......any advise ....??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry you are going through this all. I have been on prozac for 15 weeks (1 month on 10mg, and 20mg there after) I started out taking at night before bed, but I would feel like it was wearing off so to speak about 2pm....I haven't cried, but my anxiety was heightened for a few weeks, I would feel anxious, light headed, intrusive thoughts. It does get better. I have been taking it now during the day time for a few weeks and some days I feel great, then a day I might feel a little off. Everything I have read it takes a good while to get leveled out. Hang in there if you can. Best Wishes!

• Posted

go and see Andy Zamar the london Psychiatry Centre Harley Street, ive been ill for a year and a half and he has helped me, google RTMS The London psychiatry centre, my mornings were awful never had anything like this before , but my mornings are much better now XX

• Posted

sarah

thats been happening to me and actually happened today! feel bad and anxious early day and upon waking. and afternoon evening feel good. i beleive thats normal. it is a sign that its working . its agrivating and makes you think its not working but when it levels out you will be feeling good longer and longer every day. everybody is different. time till getting better and side effects. a member in this group katecogs has very good advice. check out some of her post. she also has a blog very good stuff! it takes time

hang in there

• Posted

Hi Hilary

Sorry to hear your struggling right now, its horrible i know and feels like it will never go away, it can take up to 8 weeks to work and i see you're just over three weeks, so hang on in there, are you sleeping OK as i have great difficulty when first taking it which doesn't help.

Hope you're feeling better soon

• Posted

Sorry meant Sarah

• Posted

i am sleeping ok , yes...thank goodness for that! some of the side effects are starting to fade, like the nausea, but it can kick back in if my anxiety becomes heightened, same thing with the diarrhea, it was every am, but now slowing down a bit, and again, kicks back in when the anxiety does. This is the first time in my life i have had any kind of anxiety like this, so i have no coping skills yet, so i tend to cry alot to let it be released. I am also focusing on my breathing as well, and talking to people and loved ones about what I am feeling, and that helps as well. the tingling and buzzing sensation i get is rather annoying, and im not sure if its a side effect, or anxiety? or something else? I have never had so many side effects from a medication before, so every morning i almost dread having to take the pill,... the good thing is, by afternoon i usually feel a bit better, but my goodness, i have not cried so much since i was a baby. i cry as a release, its brought on by fear, fear of the unknown, stress, sickness, pretty much anything for me right now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.