Horrible nasuea. What is the cause ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone. Since february, due to massive stress at work I started suffering with anxiety. Expierienced all kind of intrusive thoughts, felt like I was going crazy. Doctor put me on mirtazapine15mg which brought little relief to my anxiety but started making me feel depressed and not myself. I felt numb. Gp stopped it cold turkey after 3 months and put me on fluoxetine 10 mg for a week then increased the dose up to 20mg.( I was on fluoxetine before for 7 years for OCD and never suffered any side effects). Before stress at work I was year free from ADs. Since stopping mirtazapine and starting fluoxetine I feel constant nasuea. It wakes me up in the morning, in the middle of the night and doesnt help me fall asleep. Nothing works on it. Tried antisickness tablets, ginger tea, hot water bottle, omeprazole. Nothing works. Today would have been day 19 on fluoxetine but due to side effects my doctor stopped it and told me to start mirtazapine 15mg from sunday. My side effects on fluoxetine were: extreme anxiety , it was burning my whole body, rushing, intrusive thoughts, feeling like Im going crazy, like Im not being myself. Felt like I was being brain washed.Was getting bad tremors, insomnia. I know that with ADs usually gets worse before it gets better but this was to extreme. But Im wondering what causing this nasuea? My gp said it can be stressed related but even diazepam didnt bring any relief. Has anyone expierienced something like that? What can I do to stop it or bring some relief. Its really making my life hell on top with anxiety. Didnt have it before. Dont know what to do about it. And Im so confused about taking mirtazapine again and thinking about trying to cope with anxiety without it and see how it goes. Any advice ? 🙂

0 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh Aga, it's such a difficult decision to make, to know what to do for the best!

Hopefully the nausea will start to go now you've stopped the f' , I really hope so.

I really believe we become intolerant to some meds even when we've been on them before!

💖 Xxx

• Posted

Yeah I agree. I think its a lottery. One time they can work and second time make you worse. Im feeling positive today. Got some goal and something to look forward. If it wasnt for this nasuea I would actually feel okay. Hopefully its going to go away after stopping fluo xx
  • Posted

Here is to hoping today is the start of feeling better for you 💖

• Posted

I really really long for it. Had another sleepless night, even tho I was shattered last night, could not settle. Its a joke. How are you ? Xx
  • Posted

Hi aga;  sooooo sorry to know that you are suffering.  I've been on Mirt for over 20 years.  It was given to me for depression and insomnia.  I suffer from panic disorder, generalized anxiety (have it all the time), depression, seasonal affective disorder and on top of that stress-induced IBS-A. 

At 15 mgs Mirt causes sedation and prob. why you were feeling depressed and numb.  At 30 mgs it helps some people with depression; however, I've found it a beast to withdraw from (doing that now).  You might NOT want to start it again for that reason.

At 7.5mgs. Mirt I am (like you) nauseated when I wake and then develop a head ache that slowly goes away.  What I take for anxiety (just takes the edge off and stopped the panic attacks), is Xanax.  You might want to talk to your doc about a short trial of that.  I take a 1/2 mg. several times throughout the day.  The nausea you are feeling might be the result of two medication in your body at the sametime.  I had a terrible time getting off F and a nasty time (side effects) starting MIRT.  I don't know if cannabis (CBD minus THC) is available where you are but it helped my friend when he was so nauseas because of AIDS.  He couldn't eat until he was given the drug.  Just a thot.

• Posted

Hiya , all the good natural stuff are illegal in Uk. Thats the problem grrrrrr. Ive got some diazepam but it doesnt do anything for me. Doctors in Uk dont like prescribing benzos, its strictly controlled in here. Better to just leave people and let them suffer.Ive got mine from doctor in Poland. I was 3 months on mirtazapine and even after this short period Im still suffering withdrawl. 3 weeks later. Main problem is insomnia and hightened anxiety. I havent felt such a strong anxiety even before taking ADs. I know Im thinking about not taking mirtazapine again and just see how it goes without . Maybe I can manage somehow. Many people do manage . I just want to feel myself again. I think we all do lol
  • Posted

Oh dear, this mirtazapine has got a lot to answer for.  My small titration down from 7.5 is proving troublesome.  Some nights sleep is really bad dreams still lifelike, and i wake depressed every morning, almost back to where i was three years ago before a/ds.  I have tried many and am no better.  Really dont want to increase mirt any more but yesterday i needed 3mg of diazepam to feel normal. Dont know where to turn next.  Psych is baffled by my paradoxical reactions on different meds which suit most people.

anyone out there on a different misnwhich helped when mirtaz/fluox/sert didnt?

• Posted

Hi Im exactly the same. Can hardly sleep during the night, keep waking up with extreme anxiety and horrible dreams. I took 10mg od diazepam with no effect. It didnt even take the edge off. Now I sat with horrible stress and tremors. My eyes are rolling cause Im so tired. Tried to sleep again but my heart is pounding and anxiety comes in waves. And I cant stop thoughts going thru my head. Totally daft ones but they feel like a big deal . I feel like im going to get panic attack, even tho I didnt have one since beginning of may.....what a horrible feeling and I cant do anything to feel some relief. What we like eh ? Just dont know whats going on xx
    • Posted

Hi ann:  Ask doc about adding a small doze of doxepine for sleep.  I'm at 7.5 mgs Mirt down from 30 over a 3 months preiod but I've had doxepine to help with sleep so I'm not having a problem.  I feel dizzy at times and have a slight headache in the mornings but that's it so far.  It will be a week on Monday that the weaning from 15 to 7.5 started. 

You might ask doc about Cymbalta -- that's my next trial after getting off Mirt.   Hope you are feeling a bit better.

• Posted

I will ask dr about that.

is there anyone here who has these bad sleeps with intense dreams like your thinking is going mad each morning.  Anxiety high too.  I can only attribute this to mirtazapine and i dont know how to quell them.

• Posted

PS tried cymbalta last year, it was very sedating even in daytime so not suited for me. Many think its wonderful.
    • Posted

I do have bad dreams and they driving me crazy. They awful and soo real. And when I wake up I cant stop thinking about them. Awful. It is mitrazapines fault. Wish I never laid my eyes on this drug 😑😑

• Posted

Thats exactly hat i have, so real and every day.i have suspected mirtazapine and cant wait to get off but dr doesnt know what next.  I too wish i had never seen it. I want my life back.
    • Posted

Why it wont let me post my reply lol Im writing bloody essay for third time 🤣

• Posted

Oh its working🤓Halleluyah 🤣

• Posted

For some reason I cant post my reply on forum. It says its waiting to be moderated grrrr I wrote an essay hhaha I know what you mean about wanting your life back. Im like this. Today Im having good day but im scared its only one off and live in fear that im going to feel shite again tomorrow. Mirtazapine ia good for anxiety but its a horrible drug to come off. I believe that we are going to be okay soon. If we have to come back on it , let it be . But better to feel okay than anxious all the time. Anxiety is still here but I can think and reason clearly and im managing to push my negative thoughts on the side. I think prozac was making me worse. Once I stopped taking it I dont feel like im going crazy.

• Posted

For some reason I cant post my reply on forum. It says its waiting to be moderated grrrr I wrote an essay hhaha I know what you mean about wanting your life back. Im like this. Today Im having good day but im scared its only one off and live in fear that im going to feel bad again tomorrow. Mirtazapine ia good for anxiety but its a horrible drug to come off. I believe that we are going to be okay soon. If we have to come back on it , let it be . But better to feel okay than anxious all the time. Anxiety is still here but I can think and reason clearly and im managing to push my negative thoughts on the side. I think prozac was making me worse. Once I stopped taking it I dont feel like im going crazy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.