Horrible night 😢

Posted , 5 users are following.

Went to bed last night with a dull ache in left arm like I've been punched? Woke up during the night and started with chest pain well more like a burning sensation, so I started to panic that I was having a heart attack 😢Eventually managed to calm myself down I didn't have a fast pulse, breathing was fine. Why do I constantly think I'm having a heart attack ! I google every thing like a crazy mad women !! I went to the gp last year after having dizzy spells and tested my bop which was slightly raised than normal and gave me 40mg of propanalol which I only take when I feel I have rushes of aniexty !! Took one yesterday and caused me to have arm ache and a pain attack !! Any suggestions or advice ? Am I going crazy thinking in havibg a heart attack or it's a warning sign ??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

The dull ache could be nerve? I get a full ache in my arm and it's just a pinched nerve.

This is more than likely anxiety. You get the arm ache which is turn makes you wonder whether it's a heart attack. Which then your brain creates the symptoms of one.

Obviously I am no doctor but I'd hazard an educated guess it's anxiety. I'm exactly the same.

Sending positive thoughts to you xx

• Posted

Thank u X yeah I have spells of being fine and then boom it hits me, I'm 34 and fit and healthy to my knowledge I've had a scan on heart years ago and bloods taken egc all came back fine ! Trying to think positive today!! I did a body pump class on Wednesday and maybe thought it could still be muscle pain from that as I haven't exercised in a long time xx thank u x

• Posted

Hi, you are the same as me I think I'm having a heart attack all the time. I'm on 40mg when needed of propanolol, they do work for me. But I also get the ache in my left arm, I just rub it and it goes x

• Posted

Hi Bible

Try rubbing some pain relief for muscle ache on your arm and shoulder. I have left arm pain sometimes and i have found it wä coming from my shoulder even though my shoulder doesnt ache.

Try to wean your self of googling symptoms it will only increase your anxiety and drive you crazy.

I know from experience and i have banned myself from googling any symptoms whatsoever as i was making myself worse it wä not encouraging or helpful at all.

Trust your GP... Try relaxation breathing, and i find progressive muscle training very helpful as it is easy to do .. 10 mins morning and night eases alot of the physical symptoms from anxiety and calms the mind. and you can do it in bed before you start your day.

Hope your feeling good soon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.