Horrible pain back

Posted , 6 users are following.

Have been doing well. Mostly on liquid and soft food. This noon I ate a snack that had small seeds in it and since then my left lower side ( colon) has been killing me. 

Am off to get the Bentyl. Oh my it’s so discouraging. I pray we all get rid of this horrible disease. Any folks out there like me?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes , I hear ya we all been through  this icky disease, It’s hard but stay strong. You’ll get through it. But very important to watch what you eat . Are you still on antibiotics? Well praying you have a pain free night and get rest. the Bentyl works great just takes a day or to to really kick in. 
  • Posted

Exactly, no raw fruit or veggies, especially with thick skin, pulp, and seeds. Red meat, lettuce are hard for the digestive system. You're going to have to adjust to canned, boiled, broiled, or baked chicken, Turkey, fish. There are several websites that have food lists. Also ask what is in the food on the menu. Diverticulitis is nothing to mess with. Also stay away from gassy foods.

• Posted

It’s me again. Patricia. My Gastro  Dr told me it’s not diverticulitis unless you have a fever. So no antibiotics. Said diverticulosis can hurt just as bad. He got that right. This pain is as bad as I have ever experienced. What do you all take for pain.? He gave me Tramadol but it helps very little. Oh me oh my!
  • Posted

How long has it been cince you were diagnosed and on/off the antibiotics ? It does take time to heal and have no pain. The diet is so important, no one told me bout diet, just eat whatever after my 4 day liquid diet. So I never got better ended up with abscess and back in hospital. So food is so important for next couple months. K , I’m 5 months into this and still get niggglies. Plus the antibiotics make you feel worse. I had my Dr check my blood work once a week to keep eye on infection. Plus your vitamins level of D , B12 , and iron. You can also go to Mayo Clinic diet for DD. And this forum is great for advice and suggestions. Heating pad and Tylenol and tons of rest. Take time to heal. Yoga , meditation and walking helps also. Do not get constipation, and depending how long you’ve been off antibiotics , I had my Dr prescribe Fybogel, and you should already be on good probiotics. Hope this helps, everyone body Is different and reacts diff, so just listen to your body. Good idea to keep a food journal also to see what your food triggers are. Prayers you get better soon. 🙏🤗🌺🌸

• Posted

Thank you girls for responding. It’s been well over a month since I was on antibiotics   My Gastro Dr sent me to Urologist because he thought the pain was a kidney stone. I do have some in my bladder but none too big. Will get tested for those Monday. Blood was found in my urine too. However the severe pain only came back after eating that stupid muffin. So I’m still thinking it is that. One more thing I need to share is I have been diagnosed with bone marrow cancer but have been in remission for almost 5 years. See my Oncologist this Tuesday. So you see I have many issues that need to be addressed. 

Thank you all for  your care. It’s a hard road to travel. God bless!

• Posted

Why give yourself pain surley you should know not to eat certain things Seeds get stuck in the pouches and flare up. You have 22 feet of intestine and dervsrticulitus desease has pouches its like getting things st uck in an S BEND IN A SINK.   I take Questran sachets 4 a day bulks up faeces and pushes things like this through the pouches. These sachets mt life saver from diarrhoea and flare ups pain . Best ask your doctor for list of foods and drinks as a NO NO. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.