Horrible pain in stomach and back

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been suffering from abdominal and back pain for 2 months now. The pain is in my upper abdomen and mid back. It feels burning and feels better when I lay down and lean my back. Mostly the pain starts while standing (can be during taking a shower, or cooking or anytime). I live in Thailand and last month I went to the hospital where I got full blood test, full abdominal ultrasound, also stool test. The results are good so the doctor decided that I might have an ulcer and prescribed ulcer medicine, antibiotics and abdominal painkillers. So I got much hope and went home with joy. After a few days the pain got less, so then I felt even better. I was sure it was ulcer and the medicine was helping. Just a few days ago I had another huge cramp of my stomach and midback. Since then I have the same pain every day. The only thing that helps is Tylenol extra strengh and leaning my back on a pillow. Today I can't stand up at all. The pain makes me feel in panic which makes my situation even harder. I am starting to think that my problem is not ulcer and it might be my contraceptive pills (Yaz) that I have been taking for 1 year. Or may be the ultrasound doctor didn't examine me well,,,I am lost. Please help me with advice.

Thank you very much!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.