Horrible Prozac 10mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

I stopped taking Prozac after 4week had horrible side effects will taking this horrible AD med for anxiety. It was giving me panic and anxiety depression lack of motivation feeling lazy. Now after stopping it a week and a half later it's the horrible relapse. How long before this all stops? How long for the horrible med gets out of my system. I have crazy headaches brain fog nause feel lazy can't function. I want to be normal again that's why I stopped this horrible med in the first place. I am having depression since I can't function and be a normal person. I'm 44 years old and I have a family to take care of I was on FMLA to get over all this I had to go back to work so I stopped the med so I could function at work and now this I was ok for the first 6 days and now I feel like I'm hungover and I don't even drink feels like brain is frying brain zaps.

I'm not try to scare ppl that are on the med but please be careful on it. I know everyone is different I have tried other med and all the same horrible side effects withdrawals. My psych Dr only care about $ he never told me about how to stop med or what to do he is a horrible Dr.

Any advice on what to take or what to do would be great.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

P.

Depending on time of day you take the drug, try taking it in the evening half an hour before bed with a small glass of milk

This mediation can take several weeks before it works well. This medication can cause some doozy side effects when withdrawing it. You need to withdraw slowly.

Your GP will work out the best way to come off it well, with hopefully few side effects

B.

• Posted

Hi pedro69137 ive had simular experiences with prozac obviously i also had a very bad experience with a Gp. Now you may want to slowly come off the medication so the brain doesnt relapse. Work commitments with a family is obviously challenging when suffering anxiety. I mannaged to come off prozac after being on it for 2 or so years. But like any medications there may be side effects for the first while of taking them. i suffered really bad side effects on prozac for about 3 months but eventually the panic and anxiety did settle down. I stayed on it for a couple of years. Then decided to come off it I weaned myself off it slowly one tablet ever other day for two weeks then one tablet ever 3 days for two weeks then 1 tablet a week until i was ready to stop altogether. Message me if you want any more advise.
    • Posted

Hello

I'm off the med for almost two weeks . Are you saying for me to start it again then come off slow . 10mg capsule

• Posted

Did you completely stop or did you Atleast wean yourself? You should never cut off a drug cold Turkey. You will experience withdrawals this way.. Give yourself half of your dose for another week.. Than a quarter the next. Your body is in some shock. It'll get better, don't worry. Hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Yes i stopped cold turkey no support from dr i didn't know about stopping this slowly . My Prozac is 10mg capsule I have been off for almost 2 weeks. So are you saying that should take it again?

Please advise

Thank you

• Posted

If it is unbearable, I personally would. Your body is shocked at the lack of medicine coming in since it's used to it.. Being off for over a week now, I would personally call the doctor and ask exactly how to go about weaning yourself or if your withdrawal symptoms will only last a few more days. If you can't get a hold of your doctor, I would maybe take a quarter or a half of your meds every other day for a week or so, that way when you stop again your body is ok. I know it seems like it won't ever go away but trust me it does, I had this same issue with my celexa. Cut it cold turkey, had withdrawals for 3 weeks and then it just all calmed down. I would have definitely weaned from it if i knew what my three weeks would have been like.

• Posted

The psych dr is all about money no advice over phone. What do I do if it's s capsule?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.