Horrible venlafaxine

Posted , 5 users are following.

i was given the vile tifaxin. horrible, horrible, horrible.

argued with my quack on the phone and they would not budge from it being exactly the same thing. the paranoia is killing me, i'm literally sitting waiting for the roof to cave in.

my concentration seems to be a half step behind everyone elses. like walking in a fog.

been three and a half weeks now, and i think the only option i have is to cold turkey the substance, i know this won't be easy, but even my cats are avoiding me.

this must, and shall be stopped.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi boglemcneep smile

Sorry to hear your having probs with tifaxin mate. I am also suffering with a change in brand called venlalic which i had hoped would be just as good as Efexor. I'm only on day three of this new brand but i just don't feel the same as before when i was on efexor. Depression in itself is bad enough isnt it. The last thing we need is to feel worse. I'm in the middle of my computer studies at the moment and i just cannot focus on anything at all. Are there any other probs that you might be having associated with the change in brand? Efexor seems to be a cleaner version doesn't it. I feel alot brighter on it. Will you be able to go back to the efexor do you think?

Regards,

Mark.

• Posted

Hi everyone,

Been on venlafain (efexor) for a year now and not heard about any brand change? I take it it`s not just a name change but that there is some difference in the make up of the drug? My husband takes lots of heart meds and one of those had just a name change and when I queeried it with the chemist he told me it was up to the GP to prescribe which brand he wanted and that they went by the prescription. Hope I don`t have any probs when I get my script filled this week as I`ve tried all sorts before and nothing worked!! good luck all hope we get this sorted out quickly!

Lin

• Posted

i'm now switched to another variant, ranfaxine, as it seems that due to cost cutting measures no chemist in my area dispenses effexor any more.

on the plus point, i feel much, much better on these than i did with the tifaxin. there's no way i'll ever be taking those again as what i experienced in the four weeks i was on them cannot possibly be much worse than a stint of cold turkey.

it was as if every aspect of my depression, paranoia, anxiety, and social phobias came back at once. 28 of my really bad days all at once.

i actually wondered at one point if they were placebos.

• Posted

seems we are all having the same problem. i started on ranfaxine-all fine after 2weeks. when i went to rpeat, i was given some junk version made me feel ill and worse. doctor gave the usual nonsense that they are all the same.

i did not argue this as it is a waste of time with the majority of these wage earners.

in the last hour i called westbury, boots, superdrug, all to no effect. ranfaxine not availiable from these. but many other brands are.

WHAT THE HELL DOES IT MEEN???????????

• Posted

I was swapped from efexor xl vivalic xl with no problems, in fact I prefer the vivalic xl. M y only side effect is no appetite and bad sweats I saw sage tabs in boots for hot flushes sweats in menopause and take 1 a day and they have helped loads. Its a herbal thing so does,nt interfere with my other meds.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.