Horrible 'what if' thoughts

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I keep having horrible thoughts as my anxiety is pretty high last few days. Like today I was bathing the kids who are 3 & 1 and I thought, what if I pass out or die right now? And the kids freeze in the bath or drown. Or I was just sorting dinner out and I thought, what if I die/pass out and the dinner burns and causes a fire and the kids get stuck as they are in bed. I keep having these thoughts and they worry me. It's only when I'm on my own. My partner isn't home until 8pm so if anything did happen no one would know til then. Hate anxiety causing these thoughts!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,I to get those thoughts all the time,when my 4 kids go to school I'm scared cause what if I pass out and nobody knows,"what if I my kids come home banging on the door & I'm dead"!"what if I pass out in the shower"!same thing here!!!!my husband doesn't get home till 7 pm,so I'm on my own all day,my kids get home around 4:30...I have a 8,7,6 & 4 year old and it is scary!!!!I've also been having scary thoughts of hurting myself...I have never physically tried hurting myself,but the anxiety has taken over my life....I'm scared,I feel helpless!!I've been on my meds.for 5 weeks & I'm constantly worried about my heart,"what if I don't wake up"! Have u seen a doctor for this?
    • Posted

Its so horrible! No I haven't been to a doctor as I worry what they will do or say.
  • Posted

I have same deal. My thoughts get the worst when I am on long drives alone or at home alone. I seriously would not wish this on anybody. Sometimes when the thoughts hit I am able to keep moving but on bad days I can't stop and spiral. From everything I have read you cannot stop the thoughts you just have to recognize then as meaningless chatter. This is much easier said than done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.