Horrible withdrawal symptoms over two weeks after stopping? Help!

Posted , 1 user is following.

hello due to a concussion and some other health issues i began suffering from i developed an anxiety disorder so i asked my doctor if he had a safer, long term pill i could take so i wouldn't get hooked on xanax. He put me on 20mg of fluoxetine daily. i took it for a little over two weeks and to say i had a bad reaction is an understatement. i was hallucinating, had confusion, tremors, shaking and muscle issues. I didn't know who i was most of the time. One night i had serotonin syndrome and almost went to the hospital.

i quit cold turkey and after 4-6 days of similar hell started to feel a little better. But im now in my third full week of being off and im starting to have symptoms again. its like i'll feel fine then my brain just malfunctions and i'll feel out of body, confusion and at night i feel like i have a motor cranking in the back of my head. i also have ear ringing and fullness. what the hell is happening how is this still going after i've been off for over two weeks and wasn't on that long?? a friend if mine thinks it may be related to my concussion symptoms but none of this started until i took that pill.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.